RFactor2_MainMenu Settings Controls

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by aka006, Jun 25, 2012.

1. aka006

aka006 Registered

NOTE: This document is incomplete and maybe inaccurate - please update it if you know answers to any of the gaps or can spot errors.

The following options are available on this screen:

STEERING SENSITIVITY (default 100%)
    - How sensitive changes to the direction of the front wheels are to changes in your steering device.

STEERING DEADZONE (default 0%)
    - The amount you can turn the steering wheel without turning the car wheels.

STEERING RATE (default 40%)
    - For digital game controllers

SPEED SENSITIVITY (default 0%)
    - Higher numbers increase the amount of wind in your face
    - Steering wheel sensitivity depending on the speed. 0 always is the same sensitivity, high value the steering wheel is less sensitive at high speed.

LOOK AHEAD (default 100%)
    - "Look to apex" Depending on the degree steering wheel rotation will look more or less to the apex. 0 fix to look ahead, high value increase the sensitivity.

EXAGGERATE YAW (default 25%)
    - ???

FORCE FEEDBACK
    - Allows you to select the relevant device to apply force feedback effects to or to turn effects off.

STEERING WHEEL RANGE
    - The amount you need to turn your steering device to achieve full steering lock on the car.
    - Checking the 'Vehicle Set' option means you have to turn your steering wheel the same amount as you would have to in the real car to achieve full steering lock.

CAR SPECIFIC FFB MULT
    - This value represents the forcefeedback multiplier depending on the car selected.

CLUTCH SENSITIVITY (default 100%)
    - How sensitive changes to the cars clutch is to changes in your clutch controller.
    - Set Min / Set Max - (Is used to select a range travel of clutch pedal.)

BRAKE SENSITIVTY (default 100%)
    - How sensitive changes to the cars brake is to changes in your brake controller.
    - Set Min / Set Max - (Is used to select a range travel of brake pedal.)

THROTTLE SENSITIVY (default 100%)
    - How sensitive changes to the cars throttle pedal is to changes in your throttle controller.
    - Set Min / Set Max - (Is used to select a range travel of throttle pedal.)

KEYBOARD/CONTROLLER MAPPINGS
    - Click detect to load the default settings for your controller.
    - Update any keyboard/controller mappings as required.
    - Save your new controller settings (saves an .ini file to your rFactor2\UserData\Controller directory)

2. aka006

aka006 Registered

I wrote this as Im trying to understand all the settings as Im new to the game. I wish I could rename the page somehow though to make it more obvious that the page is about a menu.. I wanted the page title to be RFactor2 ->MainMenu ->Settings ->Controls but it changed it to RFactor2_MainMenu Settings Controls and I dont know how to update it to something more appropriate.

1 person likes this.
  3. rer8

rer8 Registered

I noticed that no one has responded to you and since I understand how important it is to get started you can PM me. I will tell you what I can to get you started, and point you in a good direction to learn. If you are able to go online, may I suggest that you go to the F3 for Rookies... it is an excellent place to learn and have fun at the same time... Durge Driven runs the game and there are many drivers that go there just for fun. The F3 is a stable and easy car to learn to drive and you will start with a fixed setup. I try to go there as often as I have time, but go any time you can... you will be glad you did...

RR

1 person likes this.
  4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Never noticed this sense of speed effect on this build.

5. moss1992

moss1992 Registered

t's becoming pathetic that the people who own and enjoy the games always have to defend themselves against the trolls and the haters... This is the world in reverse, where the elders are mocked and the youngsters destroy everything they don't like... This situation can't hold on for much longer, people have to wake up and get conscious of their situation.

6. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

So, what is the Exaggerate Jaw option?