[REL] rFactor2 Weather Tool

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Tirex

Tirex Registered

ok. solved :cool:

1. when clicking the exe-icon several times, the exe was opened several times in the task manager :eek:

2. important: the modmanager.exe was not found, because in our installation the exe was in the bin32-folder. Recommended ist the core-folder

it works now
    btw: thnx for your excellent work, Gerald

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

3. We used the new plugin at this weekend "VEC 12 hours of Sepang" worked well however the broadcast plugin (different API) didn't get all the updates. However we did get a warning on servers API about 500x calls. I could understand if it was the same API - but it wasent.

But great job on both plugins - almost work as they should :D

4. Gerald Jacobson

For the 500 call warning, have you activated radar api call on the server using an already used api key ?

What kind of update problem have you encounter, when you say that not all update have been taken by the Tv Plugin ?

Thanks

5. Heres what we have.

Race server, which has one API (free) and setup as this image.

Also we have our broadcast (your plugin) with another free API, as using the same could cause issues i would suspect, and as i went to doublecheck - it appears that im an a** :p
    Both was setup using the same API, because halfway through the race - the TV plugin did not update the radar - however it did get updated on the server.
    I guess this is what caused it.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I installed v2.2.2.0 on my server and it gives me error about FlsAlloc in kernel32.dll (rF 2 B798). It happens on a Windows XP PC and internet says, it's because of the OS. I can run the dedic normally but it appears the plugin doesn't work in that case. Is there a way to solve that problem?

EDIT:
    Yup, on Win2k8R2 it runs without problems

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  7. Gerald Jacobson

Sorry, no clue. is it rF2 who crash with the FlsAlloc in kernel32.dll error ?

8. Marek Lesniak

rF throws that error when launching dedic server but then it goes normally. It's your weather plugin (the client) which is the source of that error.

9. Gerald Jacobson

Sorry, i don't understand your sentence. You say that it is the dedicated server who throw the error, but say it run fine and finally you think it is the plugin running in the client and not the dedi server who is the source of issue. Could you be more precise, on what you observe exacly and why you think it is the client the source of the issue.

I need clarification to be able to help you.
    Thank for understanding

10. Marek Lesniak

I installed your weather client plugin, on a rF 2 B798 running on Windows XP. When I launch a dedicated server, I get the error. But the dedic doesn't crash. It throws that error at startup and goes on, normally. But the weather plugin (the client) doesn't work.
    When I delete your plugin (the dll file, from Bin32/Plugins), I get no errors on dedic startup. So, it appears that it is your plugin, which is causing that error on initialization (and it fails, so it doesn't work).

Because I also run the same rF 2 installation, but on Windows 2008 R2 and have no problems with it, I looked on the internet and found on Microsoft MSDN website, that error comes from a library that is supported by (requires) Vista and newer OS (so, XP is not supported).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  11. Gerald Jacobson

Ok, i will look, but as i do not call directly "FlsAlloc" i need to dig to find what lib is calling this underlying call.

12. Marek Lesniak

OK, thanks. And it didn't happen previously, with version "1.4 -1.1.6.1" installed on B660, if that helps with anything :)

13. Gerald Jacobson

I have changed the version of the C++ Builder to be able to support 64 bit and 32 bits.

14. cubbi

cubbi Registered

@Gerald
    I'm curious: Do you know what will happen if there is snow or hail? Will it translate into rain or will it stay dry?

15. Gerald Jacobson

I convert it to rain

16. Mee

Mee Registered

An idea: if you surf to http://server:8081/WeatherWidgetFromRF2.csp?plugin=12345 you get the current weather conditions and (if configured) a radar map. Can you configure it that this webpage auto-refreshes itself? That way, everyone racing on the server can have a phone, tablet, second screen,... with them showing the current weather and more importantly the radar of what's coming.

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I had exactly the same idea :) Since Gerald fixed the welcome plugin (thx :) ) we could provide the Server link via the welcome text and all needed on the client side to view the forecast is a smartphone or tablett.

18. Gerald Jacobson

As the CSP is just a script to generate HTML, like PHP, you can add any king of javascript/HTML command, from a simple HTML refresh to AJAX.

For a simple refresh, in the CSP, add this meta tag to refresh the page every 30s, in the <head> section
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30" />

So the beginning of the CSP become
    Code:
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30" />
    <title>Weather Server</title>

19. Mee

Mee Registered

Right, silly me. Didn't know I could modify the page that was being generated. Thanks for explaining!

20. Matti1291

Matti1291 Registered

Hello guys.
    I started to use this tool today. I have a small problem.
    Using the real weather mdoe, the data collection seems right, the console tells me the right value of lat&long, the right value of temperature, the right value of wing, etc...

But in game I always see the sky clear. Temperatures are well updated, while the sky is light blue though it should be mostly cloudy.

Do you have any suggestion?