Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I see Auto detail like the plague, no good for me! But if it works for you then that's good, I can't help feel if you turn that off you'll have better control over your graphical options though :)

2. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

NP each to his own :). Thanks for input. I'm hoping someone with some technical knowledge or understanding of how it works might respond.

MarcG likes this.
  3. mmarkotan

mmarkotan Registered

hi, for me changing SS in Steam VR Settings/applications does not seem to have any effect on the game. Any idea why?

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that now I’m quietly satisfied.
    Having all setting in low, no PP and AA-1 I have 80-90 FPS. Do you think that I should use ASW?
    Tomorrow I will try put some graphic setting in medium, because rfactor2 in low setting is really ugly.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

This is for @sherpa25 as i can't figure out how to post a pic in PM because there isn't a "upload file" option there !

Attached Files:

sherpa25 likes this.
  6. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

thanks, you can try https://postimages.org/ with "no expiration" option ;)

Adrianstealth and sherpa25 like this.
  7. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Registered

steam vr has replaced the pixel density slider with Application resolution adjustment, I have a defalut value of 124%. it's ok for i7-7700K - 16 Gb DDR4 - GTX 1070 or i can try to increase?

8. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I find that if I adjust this setting, I do not notice any improvement in the sim [visual or performance]. It seems to make a difference if I set the value high [200% +]. when the sim starts to stutter, but there's no difference in the visual side. If you are happy with where it is, then leave as is. However, no harm in experimenting.

9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

On a different note, am trying things to get the best performance from my GPU. With current settings the centre virtual mirror has dropped somewhat and gets hidden by my HUD. Without adjusting the screen resolution, is there a setting in the player.json that moves the mirror? TIA

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just for reference the visual change in higher SS settings is subtle but noticeable, as I've said before make sure oculus ss is default when changing the SteamVR settings as they can override each other.

If you're seeing a performance drop then you are getting higher ss, look at small details like lettering on the steering or something in the cockpit up close for reference.

If you're convinced that there's no visual difference between the lowest and highest settings then something's gone wrong somewhere, verify SteamVR is the first thing I'd do :)

Edit: also run the overlay in oculus tray tools, that'll show you exactly what ss setting your using and if they hours higher than 1.0 then it's working.

11. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@MarcG Thanks for the advice - could you advise where I find SS in Oculus as could not locate the setting :rolleyes: TIA

12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

I'm guessing @MarcG is assuming you might be using OTrayTool or ODebugTool, both of which allow setting of SS.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Best bet is to download the Oculus Tray Tool (google it) as that's the easiest way to use the settings as opposed to the Oculus Debug Tool which isn't user friendly :)

14. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@MarcG @sherpa25 Yes - do have the OTT and Global SS is set at 0 and Global ASW Mode is off. Do you guys run OTT full time and if so, what settings do you run? TIA

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I don't run it anymore, used to but convinced it caused a few issues. I just use SteamVR solely now.

16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Hey MarcG, what SS do you use in SVR now?

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Currently 260% but I sometime go higher depending on the content & number of AI I'm racing with :)

sherpa25 likes this.
  18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

running at 180 ,I have good eye's & dont really see much increase in clarity after this , hopefullys397 will impliment a sharpness setting which really helps in iracing

Road map is close

vittorio and Narrowbackwing like this.
  19. elbo

elbo Registered

sherpa25 likes this.
  20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Ok, so thats like equivalent to 1.6 (1.6^2)? And thats set in app specific settings, with regular SVR or beta? Sorry, just havent had much time with my PC recently, and last I briefly used it I recall that SVR settings were changed to allow settings per app. Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018