Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I get this happen some times only if i make an AA or resolution adjustment from within the game and hit apply ( The cylinder load screen I mean) .

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

With AC's LTH the car spins around you if you roll or if you drive on steep banking like old Monza the car rotates weirdly around you .

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I suggest verifying SteamVR (don't use the beta if you are) and Rfactor2 files.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Singlescreen 1920x1080, PCIe X16 2.0 vs PCIe X16 3.0 with ASRock Z87 OC Formula , DDR3 2666 MHz, I7 4770k (4 th gen. CPU) No OC, CPU, RAM, 1080Ti.

Game settings
    S397 Callaway GT3 at Nola C, no AI
    PP Ultra
    AA 5
    In-game all Max.
    Weather sunny

PCIe X16 2.0 Min. FPS 145
    PCIe X16 3.0 Min. FPS 185

PCIe X16 2.0 min. FPS bottleneck is 27,5 % (1080 Ti) in rFactor2 with single screen and car on the track. Keep also in the mind that when VR, Triples, AI`s and weather options are used PCIe X16 2.0 BUS usage is going up and it is sometimes it is as high as 90% and PCIe X16 2.0 bottleneck is much greater vs PCIe X16 3.0.

PCIe X16 2.0 Bus Usage 92% , 1080Ti & Triplescreen, PCIe X16 2.0 min. FPS bottleneck 43,5 % vs PCIe X16 3.0 in rFactor2.
    Load bus.jpg
    Triplescreen test above is with game settings to receive +60 fps in PCIe X16 2.0.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Magus likes this.
  6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Gen 2 v Gen 3

I only use VR at the moment and having tested with Oculus Tray Tool, get a very constant 90 FPS [which I understand to be the max for VR currently(?)]. The only thing that I get a variance with is the Headroom %, and wonder if the expense of a new Mobo/CPU/RAM is worth a % increase in that. Does anyone have a view on that?

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

In extreme situation there will always be some disconnect, the same way we do not feels the g's. etc... but if you ever go on a bank, you will see that the car is tilted, not the horizon, and yes IRL, you are tilted as well, not much any setting can do about that.
    At the end of the day LTH is more natural than not LTH, not perfect, but better.
    That said I have friend who do not like LTH in VR, in AC or other SIM, I respect that, all I am saying is let the majority who enjoy it have it, as a choice.
    To me it is a deal breaker, I am not driving in VR with the Horizon checking, full stop.

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I use LTH in AC and have been asking for a solution in rF2 for a while .
    It aint perfect in any Sim but at least as you say for the most part it does work well enough . Hopefully the smart guys at S397 have an even better solution coming to rF2 .
    Still waiting for something in R3E also !

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi
    Can someone tell me why rfactor2 every while stop to work in rfactor2 giving me “ VR content loading...” message ?

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

Yes. same here.

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Online guys? The loading screen? I have that when someone enters or leaves the server. When this happens off-line you seem to have a tracking problem. Check if your usb isn't on power saving and i have heard that 2 sensors would help a lot also to not have this issue.

12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

@mr_belowski make sure you haven't set full screen in ui (ui not launcher in launcher full screen is ok). I found when i set full screen in ui i have got the cilinder loading screen also. Hope this helps

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’m getting this strange height thing now , tracking rises view for no reason , only in rfactor2

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have frequently freezes with my oculus rift! My frame rate is going crazy from 45 to 90 to 45 to 75..... it’s never stable and I have these freezes for 1-2 second where the track disappears and it gives me “ VR content loading”.. any idea? With other sim I can run smoothly with my spec in medium setting.
    I have every thing in low, I disabled all reflections( road and environment).

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Turning off post processing & lowering settings sorted it for me
    Frustrating problem

Also experiment with the steam vr reprojection ( & the other one ) setting off/on

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have a similar issue and if i Alt Tab after every mouse click its perfectly smooth at 90 fps even with High settings and 20 cars on track .
    Try Alt Tabbing once when your on track . It won't Alt Tab out of the screen , it just smoothes out the dips and pauses ???????????????#Fucnosewhy?????????????

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorry what is steam ve reprojectiion?
    I have every thing on low and PP off..... I even tried SS 90%..... it’s unplayable! It’s incredible the difference between AC in term of performance.. it’s really sad. 3 days and I can’t make a single decent lap , firsts 2 days with the steering issues and now with these VR freezes.

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I even disabled mirrors and antialiasing. I have Radeon 580 RX( 8GB)OC the most powerful 580rx. I know it isn’t 1070ti, but it’s a very good gpu. I have 6-7 freezes every lap. I’m really giving up with Rfactor2.

19. pixsim

pixsim Registered

I'm also very interesting to buy VR helmet, I will be one this week, I have one question Occulus or HTC vive have the same performance with RF2. When I see the post from GTClub_wajdi I'm litte bit afraid, perhaps occulus is not the right choice ?
    So if someone have done the match beetween the both in term of framerate . thanks in advance . I 'm ready to place the order :)

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I think that it’s about optimization. Studio-397 simply doesn’t care about VR. In reading in other forums and a lot of people have big issues with VR in rfactor2. You need 1080ti to run it decently..... I won’t invest 1500$ for a 1080ti( yes it cost that much here in Israel and the 1070ti costs 1000$ to).