Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Duncan

Duncan Registered

Yes most times. (WMR HP)
    Don't know if it has any effect on the game performance.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  2. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

This was introduced after the Windows Creators edition update.
    I dont get it if I use the mirror.
    Chris is aware of this but with so much on the go at the moment and with the new UI I think a fix is not imminent.

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Not sure in Rift but Fraps will show FPS only on a normal screen.

4. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Always get that .

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay , thanks for reassuring me that this isn't my issue .
    Am i supposed to be using 18GB page file ? Im MSI AB it shows 18000 mb page file and that line in the graph is yellow when all other graph lines are red .

6. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

That was Display Fusion and Google Drive Syndicate, together soms 50 % of CPU..
    Thanks for the help.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I think i have found my stutter issue !
    I was always setting my in game resolution to a Low 720p or 900p , something low and HMD only because i assumed it would save load going to system that didnt need to be , but today i tried setting it to my native resolution 3840x2160 and set it to HMD and Monitor and from limited testing it seems to not need Alt Tabbing to be smooth and still seems to have headroom left .
    Fingers crossed , but this shouldn't really be happening should it ?

Adrianstealth likes this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Spoke to soon :(
    Definitely can't run Fullscreen and windowed mode is just the same , Alt Tab after every mouse click :(

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

What does alt-tab actually do?
    I pressed alt-tab & nothing happened

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

It swaps between app that are running , if i have HWInfo , Chrome ,Steam and rF2 running i can Alt Tab from app to app when in Windowed mode but if i Alt Tab with rF2 running it ( a white square) skips between them but always stops back on rF2 . When playing a normal monitor game i can swap from say Chrome back to game by Alt Tab .
    I don't understand why it is smooth after do it but just know it is smooth until my next mouse click .

11. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@2ndLastJedi I have to ask why you have anything like Chrome running at all? I close everything down that is not needed, the only other app that I have open is Crew Chief. Try closing everything you don't need to run rF2 down and see if there is any difference.

David Kolody likes this.
  12. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Anyone else having issues with the rift display not turning on unless oculus home is open. I've had home disable for months by setting home shortcut to admin required.

For some reason today, I get no rift display when I open rf2 unless I open home. Every thing was fine last night.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Same for me, fired up RF2/VR for the first time in a few days and just blankness in the Rift but VR working on the Monitor (Mirror), even running SteamVR the Rift remains "Off", seems like they've changed this "hack" which is a bit annoying for those of us limited with RAM.

I've asked on the Support forums (Oculus) for an explanation and/or solution so fingers crossed it can be sorted.

14. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

@Shawn Jacobs @MarcG Just fired mine up and no issues so far [have Home disabled as well]. There was a Steam update this morning/yesterday. Have you verified the SteamVR files?

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's nothing to do with SteamVR, happens with other VR titles as well that don't use that app.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I don't have Chrome running , it was just an example of what Alt Tab does , i usually only have MSI AB with Steam/Oculus running when gaming .

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok figured it out my end, for some reason in the Oculus Home Settings "Rift Core 2.0 Beta" was checked to Opt-In to the Beta. Seeing as I Opted Out ages ago and never changed back I find this as odd and can only guess that for some reason the Oculus Software automatically turned it on during update v1.26 which happened earlier.
    So turning this back to Off (Opt-out essentially) and the "Run As Admin" thing works as intended with Home no longer having to run in the background, hope this works for you.

Narrowbackwing and Shawn Jacobs like this.
  18. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Thanks for the responses all and thank you marc for a solution, I'll give it a go.

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

**********************opening post is getting a bit out of date (added note) will do a full update with new pics soon

20. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

Tell me if I'm imagining this. I believe a while back that when I moved my head left or right in the cockpit that just my head moved. I could get a better view of the mirrors and actually look outside the car at the grass whizzing by on my way to the wall. Recently, it seems that when I move my head left or right, the whole car view shifts with me. So if I move my head right to get a better view of the mirror, the car (and mirror) moves with me so that my actual view doesn't change.