Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

The oculus dash looks promising, I can sit in the garage and look at my motec data on a pinned screen. There does not seem to be a big hit to performance. Unfortunately the pin screen is non-reactive to the pointer or mouse so I can not load new data, additionally rfactor2 takes over all of the desktop so I can not get to the motec screen that way either. Hopefully oculus will make the pinned screens reactive as they progress the dash out of beta.

I have found a work around, make the video settings windowed and make the resolution lower than your native screen resolution that way you have access to the motec window (or whatever else you want) while sitting in the garage...pre-tay pre-tay pre-tay good as Larry might say.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    MarcG likes this.
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Has anyone experienced something like random center position loss with Rift in rF2? What happens, it's like car moves down or like I am raising from the seat a bit. It's more like floor position gets lost/adjusted, not the left/right centering. I am sure neither rig nor sensors move. Cheers :)

3. Magus

Magus Registered

@The Iron Wolf I get this phenomena in PC2 & rF2 (& I think also in AC), just a very slight downward motion like I've dropped an inch in height. I have the re-centre button mapped on the wheel so never really bothered me, just always put it to a tracking issue as soon as you jump into a car.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  4. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I am fine with recentrering once at start. but it is annoying to do it mid race. Thanks for response though :)

5. JParra

JParra Registered

Hi guys.

I've been looking for something about rFactor 2 and Oculus for a few hours now, but I can not find exactly what I'm looking for. That's why I ask you to see if what I want is possible.

My "objective" idea is to capture the image that the Oculus show to make a comparison and see the different results at different supersampling. I want to do this to be able to determine from which SS is no longer appreciable the improvement of quality with respect to the consumption of resources that each increase of SS requires.

Needless to say, I do not look for methods to capture my monitor in a mirror, I want to capture the concrete image of the HMD, as they have done in this video that I show you.

Greetings and thanks to all.

6. EternalRage

EternalRage Registered

Lots of info in this thread. Can somebody summarize this entire thread in a new post, and update it accordingly. I'll be starting up VR here pretty soon, as will others, and wouldn't mind one large post, instead of one large thread to read for tips etc.

Much appreciated. And if this already exists... point this n00b in the right direction.

Seven Smiles and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Was not aware of this, could you point me in the right direction? Cheers :)

8. Depco

Depco Registered

I have noticed a bit of a frame drop with the new Rift Core 2.0. I had to disable it to get better frames. I also received a WIndows 10 update and a new AMD Driver was required to be installed for the new Core 2.0 featured to work. In all I have noticed a somewhat dramatic loss of visual clarity (Screen tearing or juttering) since the updates were pushed to my computer.

9. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

I tested it yesterday.
    I was able to pin the teamspeak and the Proracing Dashboard "inside the car", and could view information about the car while riding.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I tried rF2 last night in VR for the first time on my new Rift and have to say i'm impressed with the picture quality after coming from pC2 for a couple of hour , well done S397 .
    My only problem was that the HMD kept (hard to explain) Blinking , like if you blink slowly ! Full black or dark grey full screen out every 10 or so seconds .
    It wasnt part of the screen it was like the screen turned off for a second , quite off putting .
    Is this a common rF2 VR thing or have i done something wrong in the settings ?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've had that in various forms and never really found a reason, explanation or fix. One day it magically stopped the same as it magically started! What you can do is make sure your sensor is in a clear position to your head, I had to raise mine 2" after my hands would block it when turning the wheel, also try different USB ports as potential fix but it seems this issue is just random. Somewhere in this thread there was some code you could add to an ini file which worked for a while for me IIRC but then failed again.

12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

And don't forget to disable usb power saving settings ;)

Bruce0440 and MarcG like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

How ? with a regedit ?

14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

NVM found it , Thanks

15. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I have both and I prefer using the Rift. Only con with the Rift is the screen is darker than the Vive so in overcast conditions in RF2 it can be difficult to see.

Jego, Heinz Mueller and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Those using Oculus Home v2.0, it's still in beta, right?

C'mon please, LTH... miss rF2 :( Sorry for the OT. :)

17. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

From some posts above, I gather some of you now have Oculus Core 2.0. Not reached me yet, is there a way to force the issue or do I just have to wait?

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Click the Public Beta option in the Settings Menu and it'll download.

19. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks Marc

20. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

OK, so now have the Core 2.0 installed and can use the dash. Can anyone suggest a program that I could now use to see how much fuel I have etc [I do use Wedgehud, but prefer the minimal version which doesn't show this]?