Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lockzar

lockzar Registered

Hi there,

Just bought an Oculus Rift S, and i have some, i guess stuttering issue ?

Its like a mini freeze every 2-3 secs, only on RF2 and Iracing, can't figure out why and this drives me crazy :x

No matter what graphical settings, even with 50% perf headroom (trough OTT monitoring), i can see the 80hz constant, with those lil drops to 75/77, resulting on mini freezes or looking at some objects/part of the track doubling for a millisecond, its not how smooth it should be pretty sure ! (coming from an HTC Vive 2 years ago, had no issues at 90hz)

So yeah doesnt matter the settings, ive tried lots of things on my hand, and it happen even while standing still not moving at all on the track :(

Looking trought forums, i guess it could be related to USB issue ? should i try get an PCI-express USB card ? im not sure ...

[8700K on Asus Z370-F GAMING & 1080Ti]

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

memoNo1 likes this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Perhaps see this link :

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...-oculus-mode-and-80-fps-and-vice-versa#latest

4. lockzar

lockzar Registered

Same issue with or without ASW :(

Some constant lil drops/judder below 80 (high or low settings with lots of perf headroom), even not movng at all on the track,

OTT reports a Motion photon to latency at 35ms, pretty high and seems about normal for the Rift S i guess ? i probably just cannot stand it. (was lower on Vive, and felt more smooth, no judder at all)

This post definds exactly what im experiencing ; https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/bs7wjo/rift_s_headtracking_jitter_and_high_photontomotion/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

After all I've read read, I would prefer the Index of Pimax. A sharp picture is more important to me.

But there is another interesting candidate. The HTC Vive Pro Eye. This supports eye tracking.
    This means that the software keeps track of your pupils and only sharpens the point of view where you look.
    The rest remains blurred. This relieves the hardware immensely.

Unfortunately, there are two negative points.

1. rF2 currently does not support the technology (Project Cars 2 yes) and
    2. it's costs arround 1400 €.
    But in my mind that's the future.

That's why I'm split a bit.
    Upgrade to Index or save the money and wait for this technology?
    Most of the time, patience pays off.
    But on the other hand I would like to have a new toy :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019