rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

HEY MODMATE!

Dont sweat it brother. Dont let some bad experiences on some internet forum affect your rF2 decision. We all want to DRIVE. Once your playing the game (especially when its gold) you wont care about some stupid internet forum arguments with people you will never meet in real life.

Maybe step away from the forums for a day or 2, go hang out with some friends, your girlfriend, have a beer whatever it may be you like to do, and once your out and away from this whole internet forum "world", im sure you'll forget/wont care about some stupid website forum argument.

Remember, we are here because we love to play the game :) . We get too caught up in these forums sometimes, dont worry about some forum argument crap, in your life, in the real world, what you say or what is said to you in these forums doesnt matter, it wont affect your life. RFactor 2 though will, as you will be spending many many many hours with it, and be having amazing times with it. You will be putting a 1980's Formula 1 car with properly modelled turbos on the edge of grip through the Esses at Suzuka and then barrelling down the back straight heading into 130R soon :) and then all these dumb website forum arguments and stuff will just be a thing of the past :)

I too sometimes get caught up in the whole rFactor 2 website forum "world", then i leave my computer and im back to reality and realise that these dumb forum fights and arguments are just a waste of time. Just enjoy the pure driving and racing of the rFactor 2 product, dont get too caught up in these forums :).

If you do decide to leave the rFactor 2 forum (or the entire product) then ciao :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Had a blast hotlapping at mills metro (great track, it has a brilliant flow to it) in the 370z with a friend last night. The adrenaline was pumping. Briliant fun. I like the handling of the 370z. There must be some bug though as my mate pipped me on the last lap of the night LOL! Looking forward to F2. :cool:

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Honestly I dunno if they're the same driver...but I solved my frame drop issue with the 12.8...so I think something is different. :)

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Good improvement here for me aswell, well done ISI, keep it up. Now release that F2 already. Need something new to race in rF2

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Yeah I can confirm that. After a lot of testing with every track and condition I still get a solid framerate now with everything maxed out. No more frame drops nor stuttering.

I'm a ATI user...so very nice job!!! :p

6. REDRUM

REDRUM Registered

Loving the update, no issues here at all... cant wait for some interesting turbo powered cars to play with ;)

7. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Build 107 runs better than before on my system BUT I got 2 problems:

1. I HAVE TO chose the GT car in SP before I am able to use it in MP. When I eg. chose the GT-R in MP it automatically takes the 370z when it is selected in SP.

2. HDR is not working anymore. Picture gets dark and weird (look here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7049-HDR-makes-overall-lighting-very-dark?p=95264#post95264)
    In the screenshots you can also see, that in the distance the ground textures are not totally correct :( Everything is maxed out plus 8x Adaptive-AA in CCC.
    BTW I HAVE to activate AA in CCC because it wont work in the Configure Sim Menu. It always jumps back to "none"

and yes, I did a full clean install ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  8. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

The best upgrade in performance for me.

9. Tony

Tony Registered

Yessss all good here too, ..& yea, bring on some new jamjars :cool:

10. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Hope the F2's are just around the corner, it's the car i'll spend all of my time in, I love mid powered, modern open wheelers

11. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

And the spaghetti ain't bad either : )

Bryan

12. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

Well said!

;)

13. osella

osella Registered

OK So I tried build 107 today after almost 3 months break from any simracing and have to say.. first impressions are pretty good

I can't comment on how much performance improved or not since last time I played on HD 5770 on build 85, and that was really bad, I could have stable 60fps only on low details, however now with 7850 it runs great on max details.

Most importantly though the 60s cars seem much more predictable to me, really nice feel. Although I totally forgot how to drive, I did 1:33 with F1 at monaco lol, which is literally snail pace, but thats just my driving, I couldn't do any good in rf1 either - this shows that simracing is always somewhat artifical in that if you have a long pause it takes some time to go fast again, whereas in reallife once you can ride a bike or drive a car you never forget it, in simracing it is somewhat mechanical, memorised skill.

Now Ill have to try to play with filtering settings to be at least somewhat happy with the ffb, the rest looks much better than 1st beta builds.

14. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Very Very NICE! Thanks Tim & ISI.

1 person likes this.
  15. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

The Clio's awesome on curbs now , can really get them up on two wheels .

16. osella

osella Registered

^Noticed that too, that can be tons of fun, just too bad other cars have weird sounds and no cockpits so I can't really play the clios for too long before Im annoyed.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This build better than last ....phew! Any progress is good progress, think HDR not working again am I correct?

18. hbsworth

hbsworth Registered

why does the 107 patch crash the entire program when stopping in pit box ??
    any track, series or car

kind of a strange error

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

a bug not fixed yet.

20. patryksok.

patryksok. Registered

Tim, when we can expect mods update? Last one was some months ago :p