rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hoover

hoover Registered

thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it some thought.

Sadly the URD names were changed in a recent update, the car names used to be there but now it's all just one big "URD" mush and there's nothing I can do about it I'm afraid (except for letting the devs know which I already did in the URD release thread)

Cheers, Uwe

2. peevee

peevee Registered

Uwe cannot thank you enough for your Rank system - from the days of GPL I have used it and it has stood the test of time.
    You in my Simming Hall of Fame!

3. hoover

hoover Registered

Same problem: I have no control over how cars register their laps in the CCH files (VehicleClassName more specifically). If the modded F3s got a new class name, then we could add them to the ranks as a separate car class, but right now there's nothing on my end I can do to filter those lap times.

Cheers, Uwe

4. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks for your kind words, peevee! There's much more I'd like to add to the system (like an online "Hall of Fame" for instance, or a car setup exchange that could be accessed from within the game, but right now there's a lot of info missing from the CCH files.

Glad you enjoy the ranks!

All the best, Uwe

5. hoover

hoover Registered

6. peevee

peevee Registered

7. hoover

hoover Registered

Hey Peevee,

sure we can if it has a dedicated car class name. Are there any "unknown car class" messages when you try to upload?

All the best, Uwe

8. peevee

peevee Registered

Uwe
    Am getting the following:

Unknown Car classes
    PX1
    SCES_LMP1
    RMegane World Trophy
    2015 Titan StockCar
    PX2
    BMW Sauber F1.08
    MKC Group C
    Trackday
    F1RFT 2013
    Le Mans Series 2013
    Megane_Eurocup

Unknown Tracks
    MEXICO88
    DUBAI_GP
    DUBAI_INT
    AUSTRIA_GP

9. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks!

RMegane Trophy and Mexico 88 have been added.

Enjoy,

Uwe

PS: I'm still looking for help with adding new content, deleting old and warped laptimes and so on... any takers? Everything's web based, so it shouldn't be too complicated.

10. peevee

peevee Registered

I am glad to help but would need coaching... or a manual
    Maybe you can PM with the details
    :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
  11. hoover

hoover Registered

PM inbound ;)

All the best, Uwe

12. hoover

hoover Registered

Mosport (both layouts, pre- and post 2013) have been added to the ranks. Awesome work done by Shiet et al. on this track, fantastic.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26608-Mosport/

Cheers, Uwe

EDIT: I also changed the track promotion to anything @ mosport gp pre 2013

13. hoover

hoover Registered

The Camaro_GT3 class has been added to the database.

Enjoy, Uwe

14. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hello Uwe, others. My severe OCD only lets me race URD's Venom on the DJC/Tosh released 24hr Nurburgring track [​IMG] I searched your database and found some entries for this combination with one in particular having nearly 30 seconds under my best lap time. Pride hurt, I wanted to download the lap/car data and see how the magic was done. I believe downloading this data is possible, from what I've read, but I cannot find how to do this. Any help on what/how to download lap/car data that I can replay on my PC?

Thanks!
    JR

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi JRoque,

if you look for URD laptimes, you'll find all cars are thrown into one car class ("URD") since the last couple of versions. If anything in there is going by the name of "Venom", it's an earlier URD version so this might explain the lap time difference. I've tried to contact Ales about the class naming issue, but so far it looks like this hasn't been (re-) fixed.

Right now we don't offer replay downloads for WR laps, but that is something that may be on the cards some time in the future. Your best bet is trying to contact the driver if he registered using a proper email address.

All the best, Uwe

16. peevee

peevee Registered

Hi Folks

In an effort to take this project forward we have done an audit of the tracks on the rF2Rank database and as you are all aware there are many add-on tracks for rFactor2... but many are of a low to very low standard.

Using the original ISI and 3PA tracks as benchmarks we are now in the process of testing tracks to verify whether they should be on rF2Rank or not, when it launches, and with it setting the criteria for which future tracks will be considered for rF2Rank.

Going forward we will do an integrity check on all the tracks currently on rF2Rank and ensure that they are good quality, with the criteria being: good graphics, real road implementation, AI that race well and at a good pace.

The way to establish this is to subject each track to a half hour practice, 10 minutes qualifying and a 15 minutes race with 20 AI - if the track passes the above-mentioned criteria then it becomes a 'rF2Rank Verified' track which is suitable for the database.

All the ISI tracks and the 3PA tracks are automatically 'rF2Rank Verified' for obvious reasons.

All Add-On or rF1 Converted tracks will go through the verification process.

No Beta tracks qualify for this and only Version 1.0 or above will be considered.

Ideally various drivers should evaluate and verify the tracks, so it is not just one opinion formulating the rF2Rank tracks. Help is thus required from those in the community interested in driving this project forward.

Help is thus required from those in the community interested in driving this project forward.

We will start by doing this alphabetically and first track we evaluating is the Adelaide Clipsal 500 with Corvette and Nissan GT1 because it is a touring car circuit - all details and download links here: http://goo.gl/PuUMze

Testing can be done offline by yourself using the relevant tracks and cars or online where we have setup a server: "rF2Rank-Test" where the tracks will be available for testing until we get feedback from four or five drivers.

Please provide feedback here: http://goo.gl/PuUMze

Results of tests will be published on this thread as will be schedule of tracks to test and evaluate.

Your help with this project is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  17. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks much to Peevee for helping out with rF2 Rank administration. This leaves me with more time to bug the ISI devs for more features / information when it comes to CCH files ;)

Uwe

18. peevee

peevee Registered

"rF2Rank-Test" server is up with Adelaide Clipsal 500 track and Renault Megane for testing.
    Can change car if requested

19. hoover

hoover Registered

May I suggest we use a recently updated CPM car for track testing? The Megane is in for an update too but hasn't received any CPM love yet, so maybe the Corvette would be a good fit for the circuit...

Cheers & thanks, Uwe

20. peevee

peevee Registered

Good Idea Uwe
    Have changed to ISI cars: Corvette and Nissan GT1
    These are on the public server "rF2Rank-Test" which is available through the rF2 multiplayer launcher
    However if you test offline then simply use the car or mod you wish to use to evaluate the track...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015