rFactor2 official servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oriol, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Oriol

Oriol Registered

Hi, it would be great if on the official rFactor2 servers that I see that there are usually 4 or 5 servers open, there would be at least 1, 2 or 3 servers where there is an official paid track as well as official paid cars. This would encourage players to buy tracks and cars. I would change every week the two or three servers with official paid tracks and cars.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It would encourage players to not go on the public servers. Take a look at Cs to get what you want

3. Oriol

Oriol Registered

Hi, thanks for replying to my post but I don't agree at all with what you say. I believe that if there were always one or two active servers with paid content it would encourage players to buy these tracks and cars. Otherwise they would still be able to access the free official servers. My policy would be to have two or three servers with paid content and two or three more with free content and the paid ones would change the content of paid cars and tracks every week. I don't understand when you say: Take a look at Cs to get what you want. What is Cs?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

4. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Oriol likes this.
  5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

The cs is the competition system that has been running in rf2 for a while now. They have hourly races for more general and weekly/biweekly series for more championship like racing.

S397 has servers with paid content running, but they are mostly empty. The btcc last Friday in the Cs had a good grid though of 24 drivers.

6. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@Oriol
    its there, but empty at the moment.
    The top five in this list.

20220605094021_1.jpg

Oriol likes this.
  7. Oriol

Oriol Registered

Then maybe I should put all but one server with paid content on both Cs and open servers in the general server list like iRacing does. Even paying iRacing has an average of 1000 to 2000 players online every day ;)

8. Oriol

Oriol Registered

Maybe also a good solution would be that the servers with paid content would be with 20 minutes practice, 3 laps qualy and 20 minutes races during 24 hours a day. In iRacing there are 15 and 20 minutes races every hour in some series and every 2 hours in others 24 hours a day and the grids are super full.

9. Oriol

Oriol Registered

24 drivers in a race is already a good grid :)

10. Oriol

Oriol Registered

Then short 15 and 20 minute runs 24 hours a day should be tested on Cs servers with paid content to see what the response of the players is.

11. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

But thats what the competition system do, new race every hour.... Maybe there should be more than 2-4 choices, but rf2 dont have 1000-2000 concurrent players.

20220605104201_1.jpg
    20220605104522_1.jpg

12. Oriol

Oriol Registered

then maybe it's just a matter of patience and giving more time and finding, if possible, a way to advertise more on all the forums and communities in the world. Surely it is already being done. I started over 10 years ago with rFactor1 and then moved on to rFactor2, it's a game I love and I would like to see it be a game that skyrockets in terms of attendance and participation. There has to be a way to make it a mainstream game and players don't mind buying the official content. I do. By the way, will you put Circuit d'Azur on the general list servers?:);)