rFactor2 - no beta status anymore?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 10speed, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10speed

10speed Registered

Title says it ...

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

3. 10speed

10speed Registered

LOL they must be joking. So many unfinished and bugged up features and rFactor2 is "gold". Yes, I am having fun with the current state of rFactor2, but it's still a long way to a finished product. Collision model, tire model, flickering shadows, no driver change etc. ...

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

oh, one of those threads..sorry I posted :)

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

They have not called it "gold" in any point. Not at least in a sense that you imagine gold.

6. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

not finished, evolving :)

7. Radar

Radar Registered

I think you have missed the point of Post #38 that 1959nikos posted.. I've just posted the last part of what Tim said.. Read between the lines...

I read this as being 'they are not 100% with where they are now in the build of rF2 and they are looking at something different' (approach)... Now if that means the product is no longer in 'BETA status' but opens it to more people, other companies, or just to say 'here it is in it's current form, more updates will follow in due coarse' then so be it...

I'd like to ask, when did you define rF1 as being Gold ??? was it after 1st release or was it at the last update ???

People need to understand that programming is not an overnight thing, nor fix and will encounter problems along the way or introduce new problems / new ideas because it wasn't considered at the start.. It might be too slow for some people, but to release a product now in it's current form to be worked on with updates is nothing to lose sleep over.. You want a Gold product, go buy some gold wrapping paper...

rF2 is much better than rF1 is with huge potential. If it means releasing updates to our own mods and tracks to suit the changing updates along the way, then so be it. If in 5 years time we get another update for rF2 which improves even more with the visuals, physics and who knows what else on our mods and tracks then you decide on making it look better / improving the gameplay or leave it in it's previous version.

Suck it up princesses 'as the saying goes'.

Please note... this is just a general reply comment, not directed at anyone what so ever.

8. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

no betastatus anymore -> back to alpha :)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.