[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. knackko

knackko Registered

Thanks Nibo! Nice and quick update !
    It is now installed for ODS rf2 servers !

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Oh, actually I see you've managed to change r2la colors for ODS as Keith Carter is requesting. So maybe Keith can contact you for copy of changes that you've made to css.

Keith Carter likes this.
  3. knackko

knackko Registered

css updates were done by Danasmoky from our friends VSR. The code is tracked here: https://github.com/vsrods/r2lacss
    But I 've to check if there is a new commit to do.

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

So changes were done to core uikit css. Then it has to be a lot of work and I don't think it can be easily adopted for personalization by others. Other then just copying files and same design/colors with them. As I said earlier, to make such changes to design you have to know css very well and make changes to uikit. I don't have much css experience, I just use uikit elements and customize where I can.

5. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Thanks so much, Nibo!!! That gives me enough customization I was looking for!

6. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

I just went to do this, but I'm getting an error that a "Path is too long" when unzipping it.

Attached Files:

• err.JPG
      err.JPG
      File size:
      35.5 KB
      Views:
  7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I did not change anything in new version about that file. Google says that error can happen when using windows in-build zip to open archives. Try using 7zip to unzip it, it can handle long paths. Or try using other unzip target location with minimal folders in path, like c:/temp.

Keith Carter likes this.
  8. Keith Carter

Keith Carter Registered

Thanks for the suggestion! Got it unzipped and working now. Awesome!

9. Pales

Pales Registered

Thank you for all your hard work over the years, this is a blessing. I just have one question. Within the live timing section, it is possible the drivers can be highlighted in different colous to represent their class?

Edit: I was also wondering it it is possible to have a live indicator of the current fuel for all ai cars within this section. Is that possible at all?

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Not possible to change class colors on telemetry page, since live timing module is independent of r2la championships and its classes. It can only show car class name that exists in live game data stream in shared memory, which is not the same.

I think can add fuel column to live timing table, it will be number in percent and will be optional. But I will need to see if this value really exists in data stream for all cars.

Pales likes this.
  11. Pales

Pales Registered

No worries. I have the cars labelled in-game so that I can differentiate easily enough. Regarding the live fuel though, this would genuinely be one of the greatest features if you can add it in! :)

12. Knut Mattheisen

Knut Mattheisen Registered

Hey Nibo,
    didnt work for me.. some other tips?
    i had copied the "rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll" to plugin folder and paste the code in the CustomPluginVariables.JSON of every player%.json file for every server instance. restart servers, but the is no livetiming :-(

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Knut Mattheisen, try this step by step (not all at once).
    1. Make sure you (re)installed Runtimes from rFactor 2\Support\Runtimes on your server.
    2. After you run r2la_live_timing.bat, you can check rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.31\web2py\r2la_live_timing.log file, if there is some error there.
    3. Make sure DebugOutputLevel variable in rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64 section in CustomPluginVariables.JSON is set to 2. Start your dedi server, add 1-2 AI, close dedi server. Go to rFactor 2\UserData\Log folder and find RF2SMMP_DebugOutput.txt file. If there is no such file - then rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll plugin did not even start in rF2 for some reason (one reason can be - Runtimes are not installed, other reason - "Enabled" variable set to 0, or something else preventing plugin from work). If there is a file, open it, there should be no errors and a message like "...Files mapped successfully" in some line.
    4. Try to use global memory:
    - Turn off r2la and rF2 server.
    - Set "DedicatedServerMapGlobally" value to 1 in rFactor 2\UserData\player\CustomPluginVariables.JSON file.
    - Set "read_global_memory" value to 1 in rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.x\web2py\applications\r2la\live_timing_settings.json file.
    - Restart r2la and rF2
    - If still not working, try to start both r2la_live_timing.bat and rF2 Dedi "as an administrator" (with admin privileges) in windows
    - Set both back to 0 if it will not work.
    5. If LiveTiming is not working on your server, you at least can try to make it work on you local PC in single player mode, to see if you can make it work at all. Install r2la and rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll on your PC, set variables in CustomPluginVariables.JSON, as you would on dedi server, but start single player race with some AI and look at LiveTiming page. Make sure that you start r2la with r2la_live_timing.bat file.

Knut Mattheisen likes this.
  14. Knut Mattheisen

Knut Mattheisen Registered

Hey @Nibo , many thanks for your fast help. LT is working now. What i have done:
    + reinstall runtimes (both)
    + stop & restart rF2 server to check whether the entry is set in CustomPluginVariables.JSON for rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64 (enabled = 1)
    - first time no entry
    - second time there was an entry, but with enabled = 0
    - after a new restart, entry was set and enabled = 1
    + LiveTiming successfully running :D

So many thanks for this great tool and your quick help!

Nibo likes this.
  15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to 2.058.32
    • Added optional AI fuel column to LiveTiming (in liters). Default option is Off. To turn it On, change "show_ai_fuel_data" parameter from 0 to 1 in rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.x\web2py\applications\r2la\live_timing_settings.json file. Works only for AI cars.
    • Fixed a bug with color of fastest lap time in LiveTiming in race mode.
    • Added "Live Timing troubleshooting" section to Help page.

Fuel is shown in liters and works only for AI cars. Dedicated server does not provide this value for human players in data stream.

16. Pales

Pales Registered

Nibo, thank you so much for putting this together so swiftly, it really is appreciated.

atomed and buzz hornet like this.
  17. Pales

Pales Registered

Nibo, the live timing feature has been incredibly useful. It is a great 'race control' feature so to speak and I was just wondering, what other information is potentially available to be displayed? For example - is live tyre wear a possiblity, and is there anything else that could also be useful?

I appreciate not everyone will want this but even if it is amendable in the config (similar to the steps outlined for live fuel) it would be a welcomed addition :)

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I think all parameters that I have on telemetry page should be available for AI in dedicated server stream, but I need to check. But there is no place in live timing table for more columns, I can add tire wear probably, if I will be able to put 4 numbers in one cell. If you need more live AI data I will have to make separate page and table for that (it will probably run from its own .bat file). I don't quite understand for what are you using this? Are you debugging mod AI? What parameters from telemetry do you need for AI?

19. Pales

Pales Registered

Yes, that is correct. I am primarily using your toolsets for debugging purposes, however, I have also been running an offline championship too and being able to see all of the live timing data on my secondary display as sort of a 'race control' feature is really quite something :)

The current 'live timing' section is perfect now with the addition of the live fuel but having the ability to also read live tyre wear on the same column would've been the cherry on the top :) If this tyre wear data cannot be displayed within the same column, is their a possiblity it can be put lower down at all on the same page or would it not look very nice?

As for additional telemetry, I did like the idea of seeing the live average speed and tire temp as well, but I imagine the same restrictions will apply regarding the column.

Thanks again for your all swift responses and incredible hard work!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Knut Mattheisen likes this.
  20. Giacomo Lapadula

Giacomo Lapadula Registered

hi, there is a way to recover the times recorded online on my server, but during the session the vote was called to restart and r2la did not save the times on the page.

question number two, even after activating the rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64 plugin from the json file, after put the .dll file in correct Bin64/Plugins folder, the "live" page keeps giving me No live sessions found.
    Bye