[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

krusti, I started doing bonuses at some Hour(or Minute) in the race and it turns out its very tricky thing to calculate. I can find the lap on which leader of the race was when race clock hit X minutes, but after that I can not figure out how to find positions of other drivers at the finish of that exact lap. Because it is not the same lap number for everybody, its the personal lap number on which every driver was when leader of the race finished that lap when race clock hit X. I could have summed lap times for every driver and worked out lap number from that somehow, but rFactor can have blank laps in xml without lap times when driver cuts track for example, so it is not possible.
    So far I put this bonuses on hold, because I see no way to do this reliably and easy.

Daniele Vidimari likes this.
  2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Maybe this entry in the play.json could help in this case?

Code:
    "Disconnected Results":true,
    "Disconnected Results#":"show results for clients disconnected at end of prac\/qual\/warmup",

DI3GO likes this.
  3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to 2.058.19
    • Added an option "Minimum classification position to receive bonus for fastest lap" to championship points system. It allows to implement F1 2019 rules (set it to 10). When set to 0 - option is "Off" (Default).
    • Fixed error with exported DEDI Competitions results with "#" symbol in competition name. "#" will be filtered from created xml file name now.

JuanP006, Corti and Anto870 like this.
  4. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Another easy question, if someone could tell me which page of the thread to look at.

I see how to simply convert race charts to an HTML and host it. How do you get a simple season running total of driver and team points ? I tried to setup a " Championship" in the program, set the start date, the date of our first race, but I have no idea where to go from there.

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

After you set a championship name and date, continue setting your championship rules on "Create Championship" page. If you not sure what some option does, you can ask specifically. Many of them are self-explanatory or have comments. You can leave most (all) of them on default at first and change something later by pressing "Edit Championship" button on Championship page. Set a points system for your championship either by selecting existing preset from drop down list or enter your points for positions manually. Press "Create" button on the bottom. You created a championship. After this, on Championship page press "+" button to create a race in your championship. Name it, press "Ok". After race is created you can press "Assign race result" and select race log file for this race. Race and Qual logs that you assign to championship must not be deleted as long as this Championship exists. That's it.
    You can add other races with "+" button like first one. Press "Edit race" to assign or change track country to see a flag in Standings table. There are a lot of other options, you'll have to ask specifically if you have question about them. But they are all mostly self-explanatory.

6. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Cool. That worked. I have 2 more questions
    1) I saw it could work with a Qual session too, so I put the Qual Session in the same folder as the race and did not check the "no qual session" box, but I don't see the qual session in the results
    2) I DID check the box as 1 point for fastest lap, but I don't see that point being added to the driver with the fastest lap.

7. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Update...After a few rescans for results, the Qual session showed up.

Still wondering about the fast lap point.

Is running the Analyzer on my web server and copying the files from my race server the best way to host this ?

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Did you change "Minimum classification position to receive bonus for fastest lap"? Make sure "Minimum classification position to receive bonus for fastest lap" is set to 0 and "Points for fastest lap" is set to some value.
    Fastest lap points work only for overall standings, not for class standings.

I'm not sure exactly how you hosting. r2la and rF2 are on different servers? You can just host r2la on same server that your rF2 is, no need to copy log files, just point r2la to rF2 folder on first start.

9. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

We hadn't run it ON the race server, in the past. Are the files much easier on the browsers that way. As I mentioned, last season, the championship file, when converted to HTLM got huge and very slow to load.

How does it handle the tween race practice sessions and Q sessions that may roll round while people practice, between events ?

To answer an above question... We just run F1 cars. No other classes or cars. The extra point for fast lap was set to 1. I think I left the "min position to get points" blank. I put in all the points in each position as per F1 rules. They added a point for the fastest lap of the race, this season.

10. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Yeah is indeed very tricky now you describe it, it was just a personal whish because at my league we are thinking about starting some NASCAR stuff, if one day you will find a way, good, otherwise no problem of course. Also sorry for the very late reply, i really didn't have any notification as far i remember.

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, if you host r2la, then report pages should load faster and only the tabs that users(visitors) click will be loaded, not whole report at once as with static html. You can try hosting r2la on your server. Read in r2la steam guide how to do this (look for "Installation/Setup for r2la DEDI mode").

I don't know exactly what you mean, but everything should work fine. r2la hosted publicly in DEDI mode is not much different from r2la that you start when you export your static html reports.

If points for fastest lap still not working for you, send me xml log file(s) that you assigned for that race(races) in championship and send me r2la_settings.json file that is in your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.19 directory.

12. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

We have been using the "Hosted Competition" option and entries are only added from server log files.

We had an event that finished last night at midnight. Someone set a lap time before midnight but the session ended after midnight.

What is the limiting factor for a log to be accepted? Is it the date of creation of the log?

The session (practice) had a date and time in the log file that was inside the date range for the competition.

Thanks

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It is a timestamp for session in xml tag. But competition start/end time is GMT(UTC) time zone. You can edit that timestamp, put earlier time there to put log file in range. Read in my message here how to do this - https://forum.studio-397.com/index....hampionship-manager.48117/page-65#post-977393

14. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

Than you. Something else I noticed.

If I clear the results in a hosted competition and then reload this does not work if the competition has ended. I was able to work around by extending the competition by one day (so it is active), reloading the results and then changing it back.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is a block on reloading for finished competitions. Reason for this is that r2la reloads(re-scans) all not finished competitions in background when you "refresh". If I allow also reloading of finished competitions and some admin has a lot of them finished but not archived, then it can slow down every "refresh" of r2la. I see now that button stays active and it is misleading when you press it and it does not work. Maybe I'll make it not active for finished competitions. I think workaround with making competition temporarily active is acceptable solution if you need to reload competition after it finished.

16. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

"
    JohnW63 said:
    How does it handle the tween race practice sessions and Q sessions that may roll round while people practice, between events ?
    I don't know exactly what you mean, but everything should work fine."

I load our server up about two weeks prior to the race. If people are on the serve, it will cycle through all the sessions, including the race session, if they do not vote to restart the weekend. I don't want those race sessions to be included in the championship.

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

They will not be included in the championship. Nothing is included in championship automatically. You select logs to assign as race results in championship manually, as I said before. But all logs will appear in Results Viewer.

18. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

@Nibo Can I suggest you to add some kind of filtering system to the results viewer? We host 3 championship atm, each one with 30+ car and one is an endurance like VEC with driver swap; so we have many many logs, we need to keep practice logs for a while (some races are monthly and some are every 2 weeks) and with so many drivers we have a lot of logs, each time I see r2la slow down I have to manually choose the oldest one, or the useless practice session one we don't need anymore, and backup them in a different folder so to have a "lighter" results folder (I copy all the results file in a backup folder, then I start to delete manually those that I don't need anymore)

But the process is really slow and annoying, I can only delete easily "logs with no time set" or warmup logs, but the rest is a slow boring manual operation.

If we could have some kind of filtering and multiple results selection with shift or control, instead of clicking manually each one to delete them it will be very very useful.

At the moment I have +800 results and also removing "no time set" and "warmup" I still have 762 results

If I could just filter from date to date, by track and by mod it could be much easier. Also with multiple filter at once (from date to date and mod for example) it would be perfect.

Thanks.

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Did you try pressing "Select multiple" and pressing checkboxes to select? Its no different to using ctrl to select multiple logs, but you don't need to press ctrl.

As for filtering, I will look and write later. But its complicated, starting with question at what point do we filter out, don't even import some logs or import all and show only some. And from what logs show track records, filtered or all. And so on, all parts of r2la depend on assumption that all logs from folder are imported.

20. Paolo Pennimpede

Paolo Pennimpede Registered

@Nibo About selection you are right (my mistake), and yes I use "select multiple" but if you have all mixed up it's still a very long boring work each time. Having all filtered by mod or by track or by session could be very helpful, and also the ability to use shift selecting only the first and the last instead of clicking each one (could be 6 or 20) it's really annoying.

I'm not sure that I've completely undestand what you mean about filtering.
    I'm not aware about the difficulties as you can imagine, I only thought that if there is some kind of database it could be possible to filter the logs in the result viewer.