[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Don`t copy over previous one. You have to unzip new instance and start from scratch. You can import championships from the old one.
    Its all explained in r2la Steam Guide , look for "Upgrading to newer version of r2la" part.
    There is also "How to update.txt" file in your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.055.2 folder with the same info.

2. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Great, will do, thanks again !

3. Djegovic

Djegovic Registered

Hey Nibo,
    congratulations and many thanks for your work all these years.
    I have been searching and it has not been clear to me yet: as of now what is the best way to assign consistent drivers names and performance
    for an online championship? And what exactly does this affect? My intention is to use the tool to organize championships with AI. As I understand, on mods like F1 that has the certain amount of cars and drivers, it is easy (I saw a post from you using the IndyCar mod as example). But if I use USF2000 for instance, then I´d have to always race against the same number of drivers with the same names? Is that right? And what about performance? How do I know if the championship contender will keep being competitive until the end?
    Thanks for your help and attention.

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thats all the questions I raised also. Its not in my control. Drivers names and performances are all controlled by rF2 and respective mod files. AI drivers performances are consistent from race to race. So driver with better stats always will be running faster on track, plus-minus some random variation and on-track circumstances.
    Maybe new UI from S397 will allow more options for offline championships customization. For now we have to set AI driver number to MAX number of cars in this mod minus 1 (human player).
    For example, I race with Enduracers mod. I selected a car from "10LM" list. There are 15 cars overall in this list, so I set AI to 14 and on every track I get consistent list of drivers.
    For USF2000 set AI number to MAX-1 and you`ll have the same driver list every time.

5. Djegovic

Djegovic Registered

Thanks for the reply. I got you.
    I will be testing this soon. But, bottom line, a championship on rF2 would be some random races with your app keeping record of results and doing the math for points and stuff (correct me if I´m wrong). It is a shame that the AI does not acknowledge the championship. Perhaps S397 will work on this some day.
    Thank you again, man.

6. Pales

Pales Registered

Anyone have a video guide for this? I wish to setup something for offline.

7. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

If I read through this entire thread I may find the answer I'm after & I may do that yet.
    However, I thought some of you, familiar with this software may be able give me a quick answer.

I would like to create some offline series.
    Up to 10 tracks.
    Set laps.
    1 car class, eg GT3, ETCC, BTCC, ATCC.
    3 races at each track.
    Race 1, practice, qualify & race.
    Race 2, grid positions from race 1
    Race 3 reverse grid, positions from race 2.
    Repeat with all the tracks.
    Points system for overall.
    Probably a few things I've missed but you'll get the idea.
    Thanks

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

r2la is not in control of how many laps you run and race start grids. It just reads session logs after session ends. You`ll need to set number of laps for the race in rF2 UI. I think its not possible to set reverse grids in offline mode in rF2 right now. In online mode you can use admin commands for setting grid...

For r2la. You`ll need to create a race ("plus" button on championship screen) for every race of 3. For example, you`ll need to create "Croft1", "Croft2", "Croft3" races. Then assign rF2 xml log for every race. Repeat this for other tracks. So you can create races and assign results as you progress through your races in rF2. Points system is easy to set in championship options (on creation or press "Edit Championship"). If you have only one car class, then leave "Championship car classes" to "Off" in Championship options.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  9. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

Thank you.
    That's just the info I was after.

10. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Hello R2la,

Thanks for the great updates you guys did on the tool.

Is it possible to create a full export of a championship including the seperate race results? When i create a export right now it only shows the standings but you cant click on a race for a specific race result.

Regards,
    Roy Verzijl

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This would be pretty nice

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That can take several days of work. To embed all championship tables and race results into one static html file I`ll need to create new separate design for that page. Another variant would be to save several static reports and link between them (which also will require new separate design), but that is also not an easy task, because of limitations of how browser/js handles file/directory save paths - there is no access from application to that paths, so its easy to save one file, like it is now, but I can not save multiple files with one file save dialog. So I`ll need to create some custom text input pop-ups for users to enter save path and so on.
    I can not promise that I will do this. Maybe if I`ll have time in the future...

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

hmm didn't know it would be that complicated, I thought it was possible to add it to each round of the championship so the person click there and could see it, a bit like classes

14. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I could add races after championship tabs in the tab row. But that row will not be pretty if there are many races. But its relatively cheap solution, so I`ll look at it.

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Goanna, Will Mazeo and Juergen-BY like this.
  16. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Thanks for this awesome tool @Nibo .... Could you add "Full Course Yellow Number" and "Full Course Yellow Laps"?

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I just looked at xml, yellow flag info is limited to state change and timestamp:
    Code:
    <Score et="257.3">Yellow flag state 0->1</Score>
    There is no lap number info. So not possible without writing some code to determine to what lap number that timestamp belongs. Which is tricky at first look. Not likely I`ll do this.

18. Roy Verzijl

Roy Verzijl Registered

Awesome!! Thank you for the edit again. Its working great and looks fabolous.

One small thing.. after the update im not able to update the all time stats any more. I get this error:
    upload_2017-6-8_0-29-52.png

Any clue whats wrong? I tried to run the update once again like you say in the "read me", but it didnt work.

Thank you again :)!

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thanks for report. I fixed this now and re-uploaded 2.055.3 to the same link. You need to download it again.

adamfarmer likes this.
  20. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

This is a fantastic plugin, well done!

Apologies if this has already been asked; but how do I edit the race result? Cheers