[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, it should show "...v2.053" for latest version. Maybe you did something wrong. You should unzip rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.053.zip archive and start r2la v2.053 from scratch.

2. RoWo

RoWo Member

You're right! Did something wrong. Now it's ok.

3. Rapala

Rapala Registered

I really am enjoying using this Nibo, thank you! Something that would be useful for me, would be a small notes section for each championship. I would like to be able to state what my goals for that championship are in there. As it stands I must use a Word document for this so it'd be cool to have it all in 1 place.

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to v2.054

r2la v2.054

Changelog:
    • Added "Notes" tab to championship page. Add notes with HTML/Markdown editor. Notes can be set as default championship page.
    • Added Nola track to Hotlaps.

wrxxy, Roenie and Will Mazeo like this.
  5. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

On 2054 seeing this when clicking Records:
    Something went wrong...
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.tracks.index.py", line 20, in index
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'id'

Also see that I ran laps at NOLA but no times.

6. Roenie

Roenie Registered

Edited r2la.bat:

cd web2py
    start web2py_on_gevent.exe
    timeout 3
    start http://127.0.0.1:8000

Now the browser is started and opens the page automatically. ;)

Pretty cool little tool, Nibo.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  7. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Update on the previously reported error: I ran the championship manager and set up a championship and the Records tab started working. I did not have any championships or data to transfer over from the previous version, so this was like a clean install. I do not have a tab for the Offline Challenges, however. I noticed that I didn't have it in the previous version either, although I could swear that I looked at the challenges a week or so ago.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

BoothJoe, Challenges and Hotlaps tabs are visible only in non-DEDI mode and if r2la finds your name in your player.json file or you provide your name in second field on first start (for some custom rF2 installs where player.json absent or moved). So I guess r2la does not have your name. I could help more If you provide me with your rF2 install path and what path and options you enter in r2la first start form. Track records problem could also be caused by entering wrong rF2 path.

Roenie, yes thats a good tip for people who likes automatic page opening.

9. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I'm working today patching a Solaris 10 server, but from memory: RF2 is in the standard Steam location and all files are in their normal, vanilla location. I reinstalled 2054 late last night and this time results worked without a problem. I ran a couple of sessions at NOLA and mid-Ohio in the USF 2000, and all the results were there. I don't recollect the options I took on first-run, but I remember I only chose things like delete sessions with no times, show AI records, etc. I did not do anything with DEDI or private or put in a password or anything because I strictly race offline by myself. But I don't have a tab for the challenges. Also, even though I have only three sessions (2 at Mid-Ohio and one at NOLA), I don't see any PB info. If these are the only entries, there should be personal best designations for them, correct?

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Correct. If you completed some laps in sessions, and logs of this sessions are shown in Results Viewer, but you still have no PBs on Track Records page and no Challenges tab, then r2la didn`t find your name in player.json file for some reason... I`m not sure what is going on. Maybe you can look at your player.json, find "Player Name" variable and check if its the same as your name in logs.
    Also, if you can unzip and restart r2la from scratch again, look at the cmd server window and see if there are some errors printed there after first form submission.

If you want, you can zip your current rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.054\web2py\applications\r2la\databases folder and send it to me. I`ll try to find what player name r2la did or did not write into internal DB.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  11. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Okay, I think I have it. I think you need to do a little cleanup. When you do the first time setup, there is a line that says if you use LogAnalizer with Race Factor 1 or Automobilista, you need to put in your name. I don't run RF1 and I don't run Autom, so I left that blank. Upon reinstall, I put my name in there even though it's for something I don't use (RF1 or Autom), and now everything is in place. Deceptively, however, no json file is created in the rf2la folder, which would make it confusing for someone who is told to look in there for their name, and the file doesn't exist. Apparently, it only gets created when you set up a Championship Season?

12. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Sorry to be a pain about this, but I spoke too soon. When I click the tab for Offline Challenge, I get this:

File "D:/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.challenges.index.py", line 70, in index
    File "D:\web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la/modules\la_core.py", line 1078, in get_player_json
    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\program files (x86)\\steam\\steamapps\\common\\rfactor 2\\userd\\UserData\\player\\Player.json'

Obviously there's no userd\userdata folder . I put in a symbolic link (mklink userd "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\rfactor 2") inside the rfactor 2 directory and now it works.

But hotlaps doesn't work:
    File "D:/web2py_2.14.6/applications/r2la\compiled\controllers.hotlaps.index.py", line 17, in index
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tracks'

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is some confusion. Where do you read that r2la users should look for their name in json file that is in r2la folder? r2la_settings.json file is just for transferring championships between r2la installs, its only created when some data needs to be saved by r2la and it does not contain player name.

If you have normally installed Steam version of rF2 (and judging by the path in error message above, you do), you don`t need to enter your name in second field. I think there is something wrong with paths you entering or something wrong with rF2 path in your
    rFactor 2\Core\data.path

There are 2 things I need you to do, please:
    1. Open your rFactor 2\Core\data.path with text editor and paste here what is written there. By default it should be just .\
    2. Start fresh unzipped r2la v.2.054 and copy into top field named "Path to your rFactor2 directory or to directory with rF1 logs" this path:
    c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2
    Don`t touch other fields, press "Start r2la" button. And tell me if Record and Challenges pages work. If not, what errors you see in cmd server window or in browser when you click on this pages.

14. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

You are correct, I misread your statement that the name is in player.json and not in the one created by LA.

15. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

AI see the problem now. I was pointing the setup to ...\rfactor 2\userdata\log\results. instead of just ...\rfactor 2\.

Since RF2 is now only on Steam, I'd suggest prefilling that field with the default location to help others in the future who also read carelessly.

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I`m glad you`ve got this issue sorted out.
    I can not prefill that field, because every steam/rF2 install is different (though I suspect majority may use default install paths). For example, I have two custom Steam folders on two separate disks. So I can not make assumptions for people`s Steam/rF2 locations.
    I think it states clearly enough in the Label to first field: "Path to your rFactor2 directory or to directory with rF1 logs". Also there is an "i" ("info") icon in a circle near that field, if you press it, you`ll get more info what path you should enter.

17. Corti

Corti Registered

Hi.. Looking for some help with the program. I want to move a track from round 10 to round 3 of a championship I have started but can't seem to find how to move it without starting a new championship. Anyone know how?

18. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Just assign that race to that round....

Corti likes this.
  19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, you can just assign race log that is assigned to "round 10" to "round 3". But I suppose you are looking to insert some race in position 3. Thats not possible. To make R3 empty, you`ll have to reassign rounds 3-10 by hand or start new championship and assign all results from scratch.

Corti likes this.
  20. misi

misi Registered

Hello @Nibo ,
    I tried to search for the possibility to use your (stunning :)) "rF2 Log Analyzer" live on a second computer on LAN (so we can analyze the race while racing), but I didn't find anything...
    Is there such mode? Or eventually, is there some workaround?

Thx

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017