[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. niltongaviao

niltongaviao Registered

Amazing Work NIBO.

Thank you very much.

2. Juan

Juan Registered

Hi, very useful, but for the first time I opened it showed the tyre wear and fuel, but now it does not show it, any idea.. ?

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Juan, keep in mind that if you are looking at local logs of your online races, they do not contain tire or fuel data for other competitors. Only your offline logs and hosting server`s own logs for online will contain tire and fuel data for all competitors. If you 100% sure that log file contains fuel and tire data and r2la is no showing it, send me that log file and maybe a screenshot of what r2la shows in tire/fuel data places.

4. gornes

gornes Registered

Hi Nibo, I've just started using your rF2 Log Analyzer DEDI for our league, and I love it, thanks a lot. :)
    I initially found the older version with ExtraGUI, which I felt would be a great addition and way to adjust values in multiplayer/player/etc. But I realized doesn't work with the new json format but with the older ini extension.
    I was wondering if there is any chance of having it work with the current json files, as I can see it's not included in the Ver 2 of the program.
    Cheers

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I decided to drop it for several reasons (I thought it was not used much, I don`t want to interfere with rF2 files and break something, increase complexity of r2la). I don`t think I`ll bring it back now. There are some utilities for visual JSON editing, may be you can use one of them (maybe this https://github.com/rsuter/VisualJsonEditor ?).

6. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Hi Nibo,
    Thanks for your great tool! I like it a lot and use it on a daily base. Because I also still play rFactor1 and AMS, I was wondering if you could create an update that makes your plugin backwards compstible with rF1 and AMS?

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

What problems do you have with rF1 or AMS? r2la already should be compatible with both (except some bugs that AMS sometimes produces in .xmls, but thats not my fault). Start fresh r2la instance, select "rF1 mode" and fill-in your rF1 driver name in the start form. Same should work for AMS.

8. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Thanks Nibo, it now runs great. I pointed the app to the wrong log file folder. AMS has changed this folder, I didnt realise that. My mistake.

9. gornes

gornes Registered

OK I totally understand that. :) Thanks for the answer and the advice.

10. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Hi Nibo!

I wonder if it could be possible to customize the backgrounds of the 'Tires' column. At present it isn't exactly corresponded to the known F1 schema.
    [​IMG]

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can try to add some complicated CSS to web2py\applications\r2la\static\css\app.css file to select all needed uk-badge elements in specific tables and change their color. But it would not be easy since I didn`t assign any specific classes or ids to them, so you need some good css knowledge which I have not. They look like this:

<div class="uk-badge uk-badge-white" style="background-color: #FF6A6A">Soft</div>

If I will make new update, I will add some classes to them, like "compound_soft". Then you can add this to app.css:
    .compound_soft {background-color:#your_new_color}

12. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Thank you very much! I rather wait for next release if you could add those classes. There's no hurry :) And if so, please please add all of them: {ultrasoft, supersoft, soft, medium, hard, intermediate, wet} :)

I have got a problem as well:
    After importing some new logs I get:

Can not porocess this log. Something went wrong...

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "D:/web2py/applications/r2la\compiled\models.my_model.py", line 74, in import_track_records
    File "D:/web2py/applications/r2la/modules\rfparser2.py", line 237, in importXML
    IndexError: list index out of range

Do you have an idea what's wrong?

Edit:
    OK, yet another question. Is it possible to copy link for a single result to share it ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That can be something to do with non-standard session name in that log or faulty log data. What session is it?

For DEDI version the hyper-link is in the session name in results tab, like Qualify results @ Some_track. Copy it or click on it.

Non DEDI version really has no concept of sharing, since its for single player use. But there you can open groups of logs on separate page by clicking "Compare all logs for this car and track" button.

14. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Thanks regarding linking results, that will do :)

As to errors during import. That's interesting, all that failed logs are from P2 or P3, or R2. There are pretty simple short logs. You can look at them if you'd like here: http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/isInCo3Q/file.html

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I didn`t know "Race2" name for session was possible and didn`t think anybody uses Practice2-3. I guess thats some custom server settings you using... I have a list of session names in r2la by which it looks for sessions, I`ll extend it for next update (new names in bold):
    ['Race', 'Race2', 'Qualify', 'Qualify2', 'Qualify3', 'Practice1', 'Practice2', 'Practice3', 'TestDay', 'Warmup', 'TimeTrial']

But "Race2" logs will appear like "Race" logs in r2la, due to some specifics with how r2la works.

If you have some other session names that I should add, offer them here.

16. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Practice 3-4 is often used to simulate multi-part Qualifying (e.g. in F1) and multiple Race sessions are new in rF2 although they aren't widely used, I think. You could add 'Practice4' and 'Race3' to the list to be absolutely on the safe side :)

Thanks for your excellent support!

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thats because of extra space at the end of Steve Jones name in 2016_03_06 result - <Name>Steve Jones </Name>. 2016_05_15 has no extra space. r2la treats it like 2 different persons.

You can remove that space in 2016_03_06 result and then reload it in r2la. You can copy 2016_03_06_21_06_16-10R1.xml file with some different name, change on digit at the end like 2016_03_06_21_06_16-11R1.xml, remove space at the end of Steve name at the line 2894, refresh r2la, assign new log to championship race.

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Thanks Nibo!

20. Didier Coquillard

Didier Coquillard Registered

Hi Nibo, I'm trying to install rla_dedi version in rfactor's steam dedicated server. I follow guide to installa steam dedicated version of rf2 and i rename player.json and its folder. So now, when i set rf2 folder in rla comes the error that does not find player.json. Any ideas on how to fix it?
    Thanks