[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Updated to v2.038. Small fixes.

r2la v2.038
    r2la DEDI v2.038

Changelog:
    Added compare view to DEDI version, which allows to open single log results in a separate page. Links to logs added to Records page and to "Session results" title in Results Viewer.
    Attempted fix for possible errors if driver list between Q1-Q3 is not consistent
    Fixed error when trying to compare several logs with 0 user laps in them
    Hotlaps added for Renault Clio 197, Chevrolet Camaro GT3 2013 and SCES LMP1 Acura ARX

Rocket_to_Mars, I was not able to fix empty name error. I attempted quick fix (just inserting "Empty Name" for it), but it does not work, because of the way I parse qual-race logs. I have a system to determine which drivers didn`t attend qual or race and it can not just work with simple fixes like this. I don`t want to make it more complex. It is not possible to just catch an exception because there is multiple points in calculation where it fails with empty name.
    To be short - modders should ensure no empty names in their mods for r2la to work with theses logs. If you really want to see some results in r2la with empty names logs, you can open them in text editor and fill empty Name tags yourself, before pressing "Refresh" in r2la.

2. T@X

T@X Registered

Nibo, hi, and thanks for creating the great software.
    I'm experiencing an issue with the dedi in public mode.
    When the users access from their non-dedi using the menu options they just see the empty page, they cannot use the upper menu, it's all locked.
    What could be the issue ? Thanks ! . Attaching image.
    View attachment 18709

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thats is the page that user will see if he created a connection to your r2la DEDI (and entered some password for it) and there is no Hotlap Competitions setup on that r2la DEDI (or there are only Competitions which are set to receive only Hotlaps from that dedicated server). So if you have no Hotlap Competitions in your r2la DEDI which are not set to "Take results from this server logs only", then there is no errors. If you setup some competitions your users must see them on this page.

4. rio

rio Registered

minor bug: if there are none xml files in log folder, "track records" page gives me an error.

greetings, rio

5. T@X

T@X Registered

Hi Nibo, i was wondering if there's a way for the users to see the multiplayer championships also, using the dedi connection. Thanks.

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

T@X, there is no way for that through connections. Connections are only for DEDI Hotlap Competitions.

Maybe you missed something. Why do you want to look at championships through connection if you can do it just by IP? Tell your users IP address and port on which you are hosting r2la DEDI and they will enter it on their browser and get access to all r2la DEDI pages.

Rio, I know. I thought if there are no logs, there are no records to see, so why access that page. I does not matter if it shows error or blank page. I`ll look at it, maybe I will remove error.

7. T@X

T@X Registered

Thanks, Nibo, just another question: i see that correctly setup hotlaps comps are getting results for races only, is that normal ? The weekend must end to be an accettable result ? I usually set long practice sessions, and we don't even go to qualify ad race, will those results be accepted as hotlaps ? I see i have the logs in the results, but times are not showing in hotlaps comps.Thanks and sorry for the bothering.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Lap records should be taken from any session. But session must end for rF2 to create log file and r2la must "pick up" this new logs by "refreshing". So if you see logs with times in Result Viewer, these times should be picked up by Hotlaps Competition. If not, check if other parameters for this Competition match with log file data. If still not, then you can try to send log files to me, but I also need at least screenshot of your Competition setup page. There is no bug there that I`m aware of, my tests were ok and it works for other people.

9. T@X

T@X Registered

Thanks Nibo. Will chek asap.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I did a search for RF2 XML log analyzers and found about 8 different ones but the threads were all old and outdated. I then searched Steam and found this. Thanks to you and whoever setup the Steam page for it! :)

Question though, how come you have to do the following?:

3. Open address http://127.0.0.1:8000/ in your favorite browser (IE is not supported).

Why can't you just open up a program? Not a big deal, just curious.

Anyways, this is awesome, it really is. It is so useful and gives so much info but things are highlighted, there a different colours, there is a records section, etc. It's the perfect mix of a ton of information yet somehow remaining easy to read and non-convoluted. Great stuff!

P.S. Some things ISI does really blows my mind. Perfect example, what racing sim dev would decide to remove a section of their product that displays all sorts of laptime records per car, per track (RF1, SCE, etc. have this)? It just blows my mind, lol. I guess it's just ISI being ISI :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

HTML&CSS allows the best UI options now. I`m not aware of GUI library for Python that will render HTML&CSS UI in Windows application window supporting all latest HTML&CSS standards. Also I will need some database and database interface for this windows UI app and other stuff. Web2py framework includes all this options from the scratch and I know it well. So it was logical to select it.

12. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Today opening my non dedi version I recived the following error. Can you help me?
    View attachment 18776

---edit
    tryed to donload the latest version...same error!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe your firewall blocked this connection?

14. MMartin

MMartin Registered

It works fine until 3 week ago....And today...error.
    I tried also a different networl, my home networks, and the error is the same. Probably I've installed someting that is in confilct with R2la...

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Maybe something in conflict on that port. You can try to do this:
    1. Open rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.038/web2py folder.
    2. Run web2py.exe
    3. In Server Port field try to enter any other number than 8000. You can start with 80.
    4. Press Start Server and look if it works. (It will show message that there is no admin password, thats fine, ignore that)

16. Didier Coquillard

Didier Coquillard Registered

Hi Nibo, i have a question for you.
    I've been using your wonderful program to manage a championship, but in some races I find myself with the same driver in the Drivers Standings. As if the program does not associate the name of the driver with the one last time. Obviously the name of the driver has not been changed. To overcome this problem I changed the points awarded to the last race so that the ranking proves correct.

Here you can see the ranking of the championship changed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Hm... thats a mystery. Or I`m missing something obvious. Can you please upload or send me all this championship`s logs (quals and races). I`ll work on this.

You probably hosted this online only to show me. But I`ll remind you just in case, that hosting non-DEDI r2la is not safe.

18. oliva18

oliva18 Registered

Hi Nibo, wonderful job!!
    Will possibile in the future automatic point system assignement to each category in Championship mode?
    it should be great!
    Thank you and sorry for my english!

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

oliva18, you have to explain a bit more what do you mean. I think thats already possible, on Championship Edit/Create page select "Championship car classes" -> "Category".

20. oliva18

oliva18 Registered

I've manually created 2 category for my championship and assing all driver to one or other category ( Lmp1 or Lmgte). I've choose the "F1 2010 top 10" system point in the championship configuration page.
    If the first Lmgte driver finish race at 8th absolute position, the system point assign to him 4 points and not 25. I've to manually set points to all drivers. It's possible fix it in automatic?
    I hope can explain to you little bit better. Thank's you