[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The guys of Champions Motorsport League (CMS) tested it, and it works as expected, thank you.

upload_2023-3-12_21-42-7.png

Lars Otto, Corti and Brent like this.
  2. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

Not working for dedicated. I choose local, start the server, it thinks about it for a minute, then this.[​IMG]

3. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Its been along time since I used this, just trying to install and getting the vc runtime 140.dll error when trying to run the web2py exe?

4. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

5. Matthew Overton

Matthew Overton Registered

Nibo, is it possible for your next update to include the ability to add a point for gaining the pole position in each car class?

I'd also like the ability to assign variable points to the most consistent drivers - say from 5 points to 1 for the 5 most consistent drivers that are in the points for their class.

I've been using the app for about a year now as a league admin, everyone seems pretty happy with the results to the

ebeninca likes this.
  6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

bo1210, looks like r2la was not started properly for whatever reason. Unzip new instance of r2la and follow this guide on how to do first start - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553607744

Matthew Overton, class pole bonus point is already there, added some time ago. It should work. Is it not working?

Variable points system for consistency sounds complicated, I will have to add optional values from X to Y with step 1, but then somebody might need another step, like 10, so I will have to add variable step P... I don't know, there are already so many parameters in that points system...

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
  7. Matthew Overton

Thank you - can't get what you don't ask for and I understand if it is too much,

ebeninca likes this.
  8. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

I have followed the directions perfectly. I have never had a problem upgrading before. It appears that others have installed it successfully, but I'm afraid this is a problem on your end. Thank you.

9. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

Nibo, take a closer look at the error. You are mixing front AND back slashes on a command line, which is not allowed.[​IMG]

10. Matthew Overton

And on the pole, I made the assumption that it was only for the overall field since it did not say 'class pole'. I'll check.

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

bo1210, I could not mix that slashes even if I wanted, because I never entered that paths and slashes anywhere in my code. That is auto-generated web2py framework error message that just shows path to compiled file in distribution.

I can not rule out some bug with latest version. But I can not reproduce this error when I start latest r2la on my machine in testing. I did not add/change any code in that area for a long time.
    Looking at the line 83, I can only conclude that probably the order of calls when submitting (or not submitting due to some error/bug) r2la start-up form was not followed how it should be. I don't know if error is in you actions or in my code. I can not reproduce it. Maybe there is some another error message appearing in cmd window? If yes, copy it here. Maybe try previous version - 2.1.015 That's all I can think of for now.

12. Matthew Overton

And it does. Thanks for pointing this out Nibo

Nibo likes this.
  13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

bo1210, actually I can see a possibility of an invisible (for now) bug that is triggered by some specific car names that only you have in your xmls. Especially after changes I made in version 2.1.014. What is the latest r2la version number that worked without error for you?

I think the fastest way for me to find out what's wrong, is for you to zip your rFactor 2\UserData\Log\Results dir (or where else your log directory is) and send that zip with all your logs to me.

14. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

I can´t run last versions of rF2Log... can you help me?
    upload_2023-3-14_19-58-22.png

Visual C++ i have... :(

upload_2023-3-14_20-0-9.png

Attached Files:

15. I had a similar error some weeks ago setting up r2la on Windows 2022 server - from my point of view not the latest version is needed. I fixed the error in my installation by installing c++ restributables of rfactor 2\support folder (somewhere there are some .exe).

16. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

Aha... i need x86 version, not x64.... i try instal x64 becouse we have WS2019 - x64 version... now working

17. I installed all four files I found in support\runtimes and that fixed the problem - I am not sure about x86 and x64 in files name; I would expect x86_64 and x86. In the past x64 and similar was used for different CPU architecture (but that's a long time ago).

18. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

Any news about update from 2.x to 2.1.x? My can´t update championship and other settings :(

I click to import - and nothing change

19. bo1210

bo1210 Registered

2.1.014 works fine. Here are the log files in a zip: https://mega.nz/file/LE5VhagQ#Kvgq78-zk5LxpYKa_ibUM9sCCpFNeYXjDSjVHvo0qq0

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

bo1210, many of your log files from VIR track have size up to 45Mb, because they have up to 500000 lines of "junk" <Incident> tag lines like this:
    <Incident et="10000.0">Milos / Stokely(104) reported contact (1260.65) with Immovable</Incident>

When trying to start r2la with your logs directory, I have "memory" error on all my compiled Python3 versions (2.1.x+). Interestingly, I don't have memory error when running latest version uncompiled or if I try last Python2 version compiled. So apparently Python3 app has some limits with memory for some reason. I don't know if I can do something to r2la to go around this... I log every <Incident> tag when parsing logs, to show number of incidents and their timestamps in reports, I can not just ignore this <Incident> lines. Maybe I will ignore them if file size is bigger then 2Mb or something, I will look and post a fixed version if this will work.

At the moment you can try to use latest Python2 version 2.058.45. Or just remove all VIR logs from log directory before starting r2la. Or edit every VIR log in some text editor and remove all junk Incident lines manually before starting r2la.

Jimmy, are you upgrading from 2.058.45 to 2.1.016? Is 2.1.016 starting ok and you see all your logs in Results Viewer? When you press "Import championships..." nothing happens? Can you look at that moment in cmd window if there is some error message there? Copy it here.
    If you don't have many championships, maybe instead if importing old settings.json, just re-create them in new version of r2la manually.