[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Is there anything that can be done with regards to the load speed of pages?
    For a while, it seems to take forever to load, particualry results and records.
    My server is sat on a 1gb connection, port forwarding all set up right, ive trimmed empty results files, updated to the latest version today, but it still seems painfully slow to load, locally and therefore externally too

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

It should not be very slow. Does page loading speed change if you start r2la with r2la.bat or r2la_live_timing.bat? They using different servers, so if both are slow, then it is probably something with your system/PC/connection.

3. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I have always started with r2la_live_timing.bat
    If i start with r2la.bat it jusst sits there like this

upload_2021-5-10_16-36-47.png

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That is normal, it is working on local address 127.0.0.1:8000. Visit that address in browser on that PC, is it slow?

Then you can close that r2la and start rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.40\web2py\web2py.exe, select 127.0.0.1:8000 address in menu and compare if that is slow.

5. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks for that.
    I have tried both above, and they load quickly.

I have been using my router to forward port 8000 to the server machine and selected the public IP of the machine in web2py....is this the right way to do it as maybe this is causing the issue

Edit...
    When I launch it with the r2la livetiming, it takes forever to load

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I'm don't know much about port forwarding and routers, to be honest. If I understand correctly you are starting r2la/web2py on one PC and then "forward" port to another PC and people accessing it with IP of that other PC? I think that most probably is the issue, but why exactly is it slow I don't know. Some incomparability with web2py servers and this routing process? Try hosting r2la on one PC, on its public address, without port forwarding and see if it works fast.

7. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Thanks Nibo
    I'll do a bit more digging about the forwarding, its jsut the way that other people can see the results page on the internet rather than only visible on my local network.

So the web page is visible at http://nomadsracingteam.ddns.net:8000/ not just locally on 192.168.1.9 which is what web2py is showing as my public IP

8. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

I think it is something to do with dynamic DNS as if I go direct to my real public IP and the port number, the site works flawlessly.
    Not sure what the solution to that is as dynamic dns should work for this unless Im missing something.
    I could give out my public IP address to team members, but would rather not

9. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can try selecting "Public (0.0.0.0)" option when you start web2py and/or different port. I don't know if it change something...

Andy Bonar likes this.
  10. Sim7b

Sim7b Registered

Hi Nibo !

Can you add a "pilots manager" ?
    Sometimes, pilots change their names and results in championships didn't match with the new name...
    An option to assign different names to a pilot would be a great feature.
    An option to remove a pilot from a championship would be also great.
    Thanks !

11. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You already can do this in r2la. But you have to "Clone" result file to edit driver name in it. r2la can not just change/remove driver from championship, because driver list is composed dynamically depending on contents of xml files assigned to races in championship.

On championship page select a race where driver name must be changed, press down arrow on "Export/Utils" button, drop down will appear, select "Clone to edit", answer "Yes" to pop-up that asks "Assign cloned file to this race automatically?", wait for page to refresh automatically (it can take some time), top race result line now must have blue "Clone" badge added. Press down arrow on "Export/Utils" button again, in drop down now select "Edit", driver table will appear with options to edit driver result/name or DQ or add time penalty. Press "Edit" button for needed driver, change his name, press "Save changes". There is also a "helper" there to see if driver name has some trailing spaces, because its common problem.
    Make sure you changed this drivers name in Qual log also. You can clone and edit Qual result from Results Viewer page.

You can do same operation without using r2la editor and cloning. You can just open Qual and Race xml files in text editor and change driver name there, save changes, then press "Refresh" in r2la to pick up that changes in files.

12. Sim7b

Sim7b Registered

Thanks for this quick answer !

13. Sim7b

Sim7b Registered

I'm in the same situation, Log Analyzer is behind a reverse proxy with SSL. I just tried to remove some options like HSTS or Cache Assets. It seems better.

My r2la_live_timing.bat (launch without gui with these options)

Code:
    cd web2py
    start web2py.exe -S r2la -M -R applications/r2la/private/live_timing.pyc
    start web2py.exe -a '***password***' -i 0.0.0.0 -p 8000

14. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

So we sometimes use only the dedi comps feature of R2LA when hosting events for YouTubers etc where there subscribers can practice and see each others lap times leading upto an event.

We provide a link directly to the specific dedi comp results.

Because the main / default results browser page is not being visited at all it appears the records are not loaded in until someone does

I know there is a reload results button but most users do not have access to it.

Could the auto refresh timer be triggered on any dedicomp page access as well as the main results page?

Thanks

15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Nobkins, try this. Stop r2la. Unzip these 2 files into your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.40\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled folder, overwrite old files. Start r2la.

Attached Files:

16. Nobkins

Nobkins Registered

Thank you @Nibo . I'll do that this afternoon and report back.

17. Sim7b

Sim7b Registered

Hey Nibo
    Last S397 update
    Code:
    Added SteamID of each client to race results logs generated by a Dedicated Server
    I imagine with that new information you can assign results by SteamID. No problems with username change after that.
    What do you think ?

Thanks

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That would require quite a rework. Also I will need to keep current name based driver id as a fallback for rF1, Automobilista or old rF2 logs. I have no plans for this right now.

19. Badboy

Badboy Registered

@Sim7b

You can change the name in the xml results file, i do that and it’s work fine.

20. kartname

kartname Registered

Hi, I have been using your program for some time and I think it is very valid, I was wondering if it was possible to insert a filter, to remove results (example generated by AI drivers) that are not part of absolute track records.