RFactor2 Initial Wheel/Pedal Not Recognised

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Anthony Beck, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Hi,
    I have just installed RFactor2 and I am unable to configure my wheel and pedals as it doesn't recognise my inputs. I have a Simucube2 Pro and Simtag pedals.

It recognised my buttons and gear selectors, but doesn't recognise wheel movement left and right.

Regards

Ant

2. lagg

lagg Registered

You have to assign the movement of the wheel turning it totally to each side.
    Turn it until the bumpstop.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I had a similar issue after recovering from a crashed windows environment. I had replaced my player.json and the wheel, which had been working just fine prior to the crash, was also not recognized.
    However, after exiting, doing other tasks and coming back to rF2 hours later, The wheel & pedals were back to normal and functioning as expected. Maybe a reboot is all that is required, OTHER THAN following @lagg 's good advice to turn your wheel all the way when the game is looking for an input.

lagg likes this.
  4. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Hi Guys,

I have tried moving the wheel left and right when trying to get the movements recognised, even holding it as far left/right as possible, same with the pedals, but nothing.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

One question, only to clarify.
    Are you clicking on the control that you're going to assign before moving the wheel or press the pedals?
    upload_2022-2-9_11-15-54.png

6. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Yes, for example, click 'Throttle' pop up appears telling to assign button etc, but nothing happens when I press the Throttle pedal, this is the same for the other pedals and the steering left/right. It recognises all the buttons on the wheel and the shifters.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

This is very strange.
    I suposse that the Wheel and pedals are recognised by windows, no?.
    Do Wheel and pedals work on other games?
    If it's the case, i don't have more ideas, sorry.

8. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Yes, it's the only title that this has happened, not to worry, appreciate your efforts thanks

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Do your wheel controls come up as Joy 1, or Joy 2? (pedals are the other, I assume). You may have some luck trying to change the order around. I believe that's possible using some software. Have you tried the wheel without the pedals plugged in to see if that changes anything?

10. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Thanks Lazza, I will give that a try this afternoon

11. Anthony Beck

Anthony Beck Registered

Success, I now have wheel and pedals configured.

All I need now are base settings for wheel/pedal sensitivity etc so I can get started as it feels really horrible at the moment, also can't see anything regarding ffb, is there any in game ffb to configure or is it all wheel software configured?