rFactor2 has stopped working...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by t_stang, Mar 31, 2014.

1. t_stang

t_stang Registered

Ever since Bld 494 and now Bld 590, I've had an annoying little problem. Whenever I exit a multiplayer session of rFactor2, I'm left with a windows message stating "rFactor2 has stopped working and needs to close". This doesn't happen after a single player session. Aside from that, rFactor2 has been working pretty well. Most, if not all, content is from ISI, with no custom skins or files.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Have you auto updated the sim or went for a fresh install?

3. t_stang

t_stang Registered

I did a fresh install at Bld 382 and auto updated 494 and 590. Is it time for another fresh install?

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm not sure if it will solve it but there have been significant changes in MP coding or whatever you call it so a fresh install will at least exclude old stuff getting in the way.

But then again, it sounds like its not actually preventing you from playing?
    Have you tried the auto-close option? open rf2 splash, goto advanced, thick Close this application...etc.

5. t_stang

t_stang Registered

Thanks Denstjiro. I normally auto close the rF2 splash screen, but I'll leave it on to see what happens. If that doesn't do it, a fresh install is no big deal. Anyway, thanks again for your help.

I unchecked the auto close for the rF2 splash screen and no longer get the windows message stating "rFactor2 has stopped working".

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014