Rfactor2 for dummies...must have

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by tommy737, May 6, 2019.

1. tommy737

tommy737 Registered

Hello there, my first message here

I'm now trying to get involved into sim racing for the first time. After several reaserch I decided to use RF2 as first sim racing simulator.

Question is:

Is there available in this forum a "sticky post" with a list of all useful add-on for a better sim experience?
    If not, anybody up to give few hints and advice for must have thirdy part/plug-in?

Cheers

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Think first just try get used to the sim, before u want to try mods plugins etc. Setup your ffb for your wheel. Get your gfx to the optimal without lag and no latency through the wheel.

And BTW rf2 is a good but hard start to sim racing.. Have fun that's the most important mate!

philmcqueen likes this.
  3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

If you are on screen, I advise you not to post anything other than what you see in real life.

That is, no HUD / LCD.

It is absolutely essential to pay for your FOV : https://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

Use Crew Chief V4 (see the post on this forum).

What hardware do you have, are you on the screen, what steering wheel do you have ?

So I made the choice to use all cars from S397 (made by S397, not only taken by S397 from the previous studio ISI) because the realism seems exceptional, which I add the Palatov D4, Metalmoro MR1, GP3, kartsim, possibly reiza pack for the same reason.
    A number of cars made by the former studio ISI and taken over by S397 are excellent too (eg megane, F3.5, etc.).

For now the DLC are really worth it.

Using only these cars at least at the beginning will give you the best 1st experience on rF2.

Fine tuning the FFB and graphics is essential on rF2, just like the FOV.

I also recommend all the circuits of the following modders :

Studio 397, lemax, pixsim, senormen, nibiru, odb, da-digga, heikki21, = fab =, monsum.

avenger82 likes this.
  4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Start out in the standard content to get the feel of things first, probably in the Formula Renault 3.5, USF2000 and Megane/Clio. Then pick what you want.

My personal favourite free ones are:

FVRfactor V8 Supercars
    F1 RFT 2013
    Enduracers LMP2/3/GT
    Flat 6
    Apex GT3
    GP3 Mod

Ruben Miranda likes this.
  5. tommy737

tommy737 Registered

Hi All!
    and many thanks for your prompt reply!

@LokiD, I think you got the point.
    As Sim Seat is not available yet, I'd like to use this time to understand at it's best all the simulator features. For instance, how many command I don't know yet? How can I get the best from the graphic card and online multiplayer? where I can start in the future my first online race? How can I set the FFB at it's best? I want to use this time to find out all reply and starting implement all setup software side!

@DrivingFast
    AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (entry level, will be upgraded to Ryzen 7 2700X or new incoming series 3000), 32GB Ram 3000mhz, Nvidia,GTX1060TI 3gb OC, M.2 1TB Samsung Disk, MB Aorus Gaming Ultra, Monitor wide screen 21:9 LG 29" HDR

Wheel... I just got a deal on Ebay as I got an old lady Logitech G27 (seems has been used just few times) and this will be my starting point
    p.s. I will drop you a private message tonight

@AMillward...I got Gp3 mod, and for now with keyboard is not so enjoyable yet!

Thanks a million

6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

G27 is a good starting point!

7. tommy737

tommy737 Registered

dispatched today...in the evening (Italy time) I will try to set it up for the first time!

p.s. any advice for the most useful guide on how to set-up the G27? Any link?

8. tommy737

tommy737 Registered

9. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

All of the above is great advise mate, G27 is a fantastic wheel to start with as you get everything in one package, I started with a G25 as my first 'real' wheel, there were others before that but we won't talk about those...

I'll second what Aidan said about mods, I'll add though that you will have the best learning experience and fun using the Skip Barbers at Botniaring.

11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I started with a dfgt what a wheel. Pick one up for around 50

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I've got over 700 hours I have to rF2 and I learnt something from this thread:) thanks.