rFactor2 FFB Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pax, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Pax

Pax Registered

I don't have the data at hand now, but I think it is close to highest possible frequency, i.e. 200 Hz. I will have a look.

2. Pax

Pax Registered

It is for sure ready for use - in a lab environment; I don't intend to hold it hostage in my lab forever though ;)

I am working on some pretty nice performance/feature enhancements now too, on both HW and SW side!

3. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Hi Terence,

Here's a bit more data for you, this time logging the forceValue passed into the ForceFeedback API call.

For both these plots I was sitting in the garage moving the wheel lock to lock with increasing velocity.

To me it looks like the rate of change of steering doesn't really have any bearing on the 'noise' in the data. It's very clear from the plots where the wheel hit full lock and stopped rotating.

4. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Sitting in the garage turning your wheel is an interesting test - the noise we are seeing might simply be the stick-slip of the rubber. Note how it's fairly smooth at the start of each turn, I think you're just stretching it with no slip there.