RFactor2.exe Memory

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by nickbalti, Apr 3, 2015.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

How much should it be taking on your Task Manager?

My PC slowly dies if I play for more than 5 minutes and everything becomes unresponsive. If I force close the .exe everything works again?

Any help?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

How much is yours taking? Are you running any 3rd party plugins, and if so have you tried disabling them? Are you using Build 946, and did the previous build(s) not do this?

3. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

2GB, not sure if that's normal or not. No 3rd party plugins and graphic settings on medium/low. Build 946 only came out yesterday so not had a chance to test this yet. And previous builds (before 930) did not do this. Thanks for reply and help so far.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just loaded up the full Malaysia circuit with no AI, in the Corvette, and memory use in the car was ~1072MB. Very slowly increasing, might have grown 8-10MB in a few mins. That's with default low-medium graphics settings. Can you update your system specs in your profile?

5. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

2GB seems a little high but not exceptionally high. I'm at about 1.6 - 1.8 GB with no other cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  6. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

I ran out of patience and I reinstalled Windows and rFactor. Ran it last night and it was about 1.2gb which I happy with. Only downside is if I alt tab out of the game I can't go back, so I need to force close it.

But hey, it's running a bit better. I just need a busy server to join now. All the busy ones have passwords on them.

7. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

My alt tab takes forever, but wiil work eventually.