rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Is anyone finding the "Repeat Shifts" in the plr file not working for them? I keep getting repeat shifts even when set at level 3 (200ms) and i'm sure that when it happens it doesn't take longer than that. You don't even hear two shifts it happens that fast.

2. nosslrac

nosslrac Registered

Update on previous post:

I started the game as administrator; still didnt work.
    Uninstalled via Windows and reinstalled rF2 Lite; still didnt work.
    Uninstalled and manually deleted files and keys, then reinstalled rF2 Lite; still didnt work.
    Started the latest install as administrator; it works and I hate computers.

Another strange thing is that the AI are about a second faster than before? Im getting tired of this.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Check Net Framework. I get diff issues in the past because AC changes something on Net Framework, but i'm using ATI's.

4. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Yes, and use windows update after that check.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

I get quite a few double shifts and not sure why , havnt changed plr at all..Hyperstimulator wheel

Im really hoping your refering to gear shifts so I dont seem like a goose :\ was wondering if its my wheel that has issues but I dont have this issue with RF 1

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

yes, gear shifts. Are you using paddle shifters? Can you do a little test then please by going to \rFactor2\UserData\player folder and opening "player.PLR" file. Find the line "Repeat Shifts=" and if it's set to "0", choose something like "3" and see if that removes the double shifts for you. I've not had any luck so i'm going to try level 5 next.

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Just tried with Repeat shifts set to 3 and still same issue , happening on both up and down shifts 6/4 4/6 .. not good on engine and creates some horrific lockups at times.

yes paddle shifter for F1 's

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Re tested with setting 5 and still no good????

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm not sure where to post this, but what do cause the purple/blue 'oil' effects on tires, dashboards etc? I don't know what this 'effect' is called, but I've seen someone mention it before but now I can't find it.

You can cleary see it in these screenshots below. On the tires and in the cockpit of the Marussia, and on the dashboard with Corvette. I've had this with both my 7970 and 690, I'm sure it's game related and I've seen it a longer time (several builds). With lower settings, and especially with lower textures and resolution, this is very noticable.

Anyone knows?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well, they all look perfectly fine to me. Any chance you can highlight what you are exactly talking about?
    Maybe your monitor is a bit wrongly setup, maybe something in the graphics control panel that can influence colours?

11. tjc

tjc Registered

I know exactly what your talking about Hedlund as I get those strange colours effects too...

It can be seen on tires, dashboards and sometimes on the tracks themselves. A purple kind of mix with black and some other colours as well.

I`ll see if I can get some screens done later that show exactly what we`re talking about and yeh, I`ve noticed it for quite some time now regarding builds...

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Sorry, but I don't see a "purple/blue oily effect" in any of the pictures above.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

The effect Hedlund is talking about is`nt very noticeable in the screens he posted Jim but as I`ve said, it`s definitely very noticeable in sim sometimes for me...

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I see the effect at least in the first picture (tyres). Strange. I think I haven't seen that in my game.

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I've just spent the last 5 minutes looking at every part of the screenshots for this "purple/blue oily effect" and i cannot see it anywhere, as far as i can tell each screenshot looks absolutely normal/fine. Can someone repost the screenshots highlighting where they appear for them?

16. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ll post up some pics shortly Dr...

Not at my sim rig atm but will get some posted later.

17. stonec

stonec Registered

This effect seems to be monitor-dependent, it is only noticeable with certain monitors. Hence is probably why ISI has missed it. I don't notice anything wrong with the screenshots on my new IPS monitor but I do notice it on my old 19'' TFT. It seems that with a high monitor gamma setting those details are all hidden into black, is only visible with a low gamma or high brightness.

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Here you have guys, highlighted. I don't think it's monitor relatad, but if you have low brightness I think it's harder to see. Either increase brightness, or take a look at them from a different view (if you have a monitor like me, that becomes darker when looking at it from below, and brighter when looking at it from above).

If you look closely, you'll see it pretty much everywhere in the dashboards, not only in the highlighted areas.
    Right click to view 'full size' image, to see better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

If you're only looking at the small resized pics, I can understand that you can't see any strange colours, because I can't neither. But in full-size I can see them. But as I said, it's much, much more visible when I'm using 4800x900 resolution on medium textures quality. Now it's only single screen and high settings.

20. stonec

stonec Registered

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8443634/13070028.jpg

As you can see from this camera shot it shows it's very much a monitor dependent issue. My primary IPS monitor just treats the whole tire as black (or close to black) due to a standard gamma setting (2.2). The monitor to the right uses poorly calibrated factory-set gamma and there you can see the issue on the tire clearly.