rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 27, 2013.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I may just do that :)

I agree on redoing the OS. Its pretty darn easy to do when you have things backed up.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

somebody know this? now ai tyre wear same like player has?

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Wow... that`a looong time to have the same OS going.

I reckon I do a fresh OS, on average, about every 6 weeks or so give or take.

Wouldn`t have it any other now and for all the time it takes and it keeps things nice and fresh. :)

4. PnKnG

PnKnG Registered

ok got a quick question if this is a know issue or if there is a fix for it.
    I'm running a triple screen setup on an HD7950 but to play rfactor 2 right now I just run it on 1 screen. also eyefinity is deactivated so I simply run it in normal windows mode.
    whenever I alt-tab or just click on one of the other screens it seems to crash the game since I can not bring it back up. sometimes even so badly that the screen I'm running it on (the primary screen) will be completely unusable cause whenever I bring up the task manager to just close rfactor2 it doesn't do anything and I end up needing to restart the pc.
    So yeah, does anybody know of this issue and if its fixable? or am I stuck with it for now to not be able to alt-tab the game.

5. qusimano

qusimano Registered

:d still no shadows under the car :d

6. qusimano

qusimano Registered

I suggest to release the undercar shadows as a dlc for some dolla :D:D:D:D

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Driver and program updates that reside on C:\ you do not have to twist my arm to do a fresh W7 tj :)

Having said that I used to do countless installs 3/4 a day early testing stuff in XP / Vista/ W7

After a few years of regular installs you get to know what runs with what and get your install down pat
    and you find yourself doing less.

Any standalone program that works well I won't upgrade for the sake.

Yes RCRacing preparation is the most important thing, if you take 10 minutes to have a cuppa and a think
    there is a huge amount you can save from C drive besides the obvious.

People overlook programs that will run standalone ie: copy to new drive they run.
    If you make a good C:\ file structure to keep all this stuff so you can drop it in.
    Chrome for instance I have a standalone folder 134mb , drop in :)

Then on D: you want your drivers uncompressed, do we need a 150mb Ethernet file when it needs only 5 files to install ? Same with rapid storage and other stuff that has features you may not need on your sim OS.

Good copy of everything else but the kitchen sink on D:\ you can't go wrong. :)

True Image cuts my fresh installs dramatically and restore and backups of my SSD ( 60GB - 18GB used ) takes barely 3 minutes.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Still got bugs online people leaving

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Note for hosts: We are gradually implementing race rejoins. We fixed the "leave lag" but there is a little side effect to the fix which is: if somebody leaves a race AND then the weekend is restarted, then clients will get confused about whether that car is supposed to still be there. This results in several symptoms, like no times being displayed in the monitor for the car, and an inability to bounce to that car, and possibly cars being assigned to the incorrect garage, too. The workaround is to not use "Restart Weekend". We'll have to fix this in a future build.

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Didn't do any performance tests in rF 2 for a good few months already... last time, it looked like rF 2 utilize more than 2 cores (it was like - 4 cores, but at uneven levels). On Build 240 I see something pleaseantly different! Take a look: LINK

rF2-240_i52500k_gtx770_utilisation.jpg

For me, it looks like rF 2 fully utilize all 4 cores. Not only that, but GFX is loaded at 99% all the time.

11. killerwatt

killerwatt Registered

There seems to be a problem with replays in build 240. Replay length is not showing up properly in the info panel sometimes it shows all zeros and sometimes it shows a large impossible value. Also if a replay made before Build 240 is accessed, it freezes the game and you have to alt tab out.

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: rFactor2 Build 240 Released

Wtf? I have an i5 2500k also, and it only use 2 cores. Now I really want an answer from ISI: Is rf2 supposed to use 2 or 4 cores??

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

+1 @ Hedlund

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

what program is used for that top left information?

16. MJP

MJP Registered

Oh not this again, time to chime in with my usual pic, updated using latest build, actually using a little bit less cpu than my previous pics.

What settings you '2 core only' usage guys using, I find shadows and HDR bump up CPU usage nicely. On the other hand don't go so far with your settings that you overload your GPU thereby giving the CPU an easier time.

Attached Files:

17. MJP

MJP Registered

Afterburner (or one of its clones) and something like HWiNFO.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cool thanks

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

downloaded HWiNFO but cant find a way to have it show up in game :confused:

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Did some tests again.
    The main menu - about 40% so just two cores beeing utilized (but not fully):
    rF2-240_i52500k_gtx770_utilisation_main_menu.jpg

In the garage, in the setup section - basically the same as in the main menu:
    rF2-240_i52500k_gtx770_utilisation_garage1.jpg rF2-240_i52500k_gtx770_utilisation_garage2.jpg
    You can also see, it's just rfactor2.exe that is using the CPU.

Now, on track - all 4 cores. Utilization fluctuates between 85 to 95%:
    rF2-240_i52500k_gtx770_utilisation_ontrack1.jpg rF2-240_i52500k_gtx770_utilisation_ontrack2.jpg
    And like in the garage, it's just rfactor2.exe that use the CPU.

If you are sure your only use 2 cores (and you have Ati card), maybe it has some to do with how nvidia drivers work but it manifests through a game that is currently active? I'm just guessing out loud... ISI devs maybe could tell us more?