rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Just tested 198.

G25
    FFB is still all over the place for me sloppy on the straights stiff on the curbs.
    Then some times it's stiff everywhere as if it's at max.
    If I hit reset it usually works but sometimes steering wheel has no effect for several seconds.
    Overall feeling is that I can't trust it and feels vague.

NV680
    HDR still awful (Default most stuff high or max)
    Very bright with shimmering shadows, if I switch to external camera it goes slightly duller.
    Mine looks nothing like some of those screen shots I've seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2013
  2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Maybe we are not the only one and many people think the profile remain active after it has been selected. Unfortunately, it isn't and needs to be reloaded with every start of the game or track. Or it is just a bug we have.

3. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

i think everyone has it. You need to change profile to something other than you want, then back to one you want everytime you load a track.

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

Pretty inconvenient feature :) If one don't realize it or know, would think the profile is active, as I first also.

5. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I really don't have that experience with my G25, it's no clubsport but I can feel every car's qualities and be fast and consistent. Won my very first event with it, a race with the marussia at RD. Perhaps it's just me adapting to it, but it gives me al the feedback I expect and very consistent. I have to press reset button once or twice a session, only when leaving pit or something, but resetbutton is mapped so no problem. Perhaps different settings wil help?

I have 1.5 forcefeedback strenght with most cars (marussia 2.0), I need that to feel the feedback, lower than this it will lose the forcefeedback I need to go fast(but mostly consistent), and the FFB smoothing at 5. That's the only thing I adjusted and works great for me.
    Hopefully you find a setting more to your linking. I don't think there is much to improve to be honest, so I don't think you should expect major changes in the future.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

I hear crying the gear box. :) With such values the forces overdrive only and let the whole feel all the more artificial. That would be very sad and almost negligent if no changes are expected in the future.

7. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Don't completly understand what you say, so sorry if I understood it wrong:) When Rfactor2 was released the FFB was more strong, but people complained that the steering wheel would brake in a short while(for good reasons). I think ISI changed it so the G25 is still a steering wheel that can be used on this game without damaging your wheel, because it could not handle the FFB Rfactor2 preduces. And you have now the options with the FFB smoothing to change to your liking how much of this effects you do want. I do expect some changes in the future, but not major changes, that's all.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

G25 here too, +1, forget the fast for me though lol

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm all betard out & taking a break from rf2 for a while again (best thing to do when frustration starts running high!), sure it's going to be great but bugs / incompleteness etc am sure I also lossed a bit of fps on last build update too )-:

Going to have a fiddle with RBR I think, that will keep me going or a while

Hopefully updated rf2 content will hit soon & hopefully next build will be a good one that might improve things

10. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Euro Truck Simulator 2. Dload the free demo. It's like Therapy :)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Me too until the next build at least, won't go into the reasons as I'll be accused by the sheep followers of hating on ISI!

Gonna go play company of heroes in preparation of the sequel due out this summer....WAAAAAARRRRR!!!

12. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

He's just saying that your FFB multiplier is really high. This causes the FFB forces to "clip" which means you wont feel the smaller details in the wheel. All you really feel is a really stiff wheel but since our Logitech wheels very weak, all the power of the FFB motors goes purely to giving u a stiff feeling, any forces that should come "on top" of those are muted because the motors are already maxed out.

Hope u sort of understand ehe :)

13. bassweight

bassweight Registered

Nearing the last few days of 158 I changed my G25 profiler settings to 106% Force Effect and noticed a significant change in terms of the 'micro' effects that are prevalent on straights/rougher surfaces which prior to the change were relitavely unnoticeable. 198 has improved the sensation of these 'micro' effects and now feel as if they are intended wheel/force movements, which is good, however I have noticed the overall force effect to be lessened, while increasing the in game FFB setting will render the effect to be more prevalent; overdoing it will cause a slight 'twitch' at lower speeds and under braking. Maybe my G25 needs a recalibration but overall I am very very happy with the way 198 has improved the finer points of the FFB effect.

Soon upgrading to a Fanatec kit so I'm just enjoying the time I have left with the G25. I can't comprehend how the feel of driving could be any better than what it currently is with the Logitech, and that's saying something.

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

To be fair, that's not saying something about the G25, but your lack of experience with better hardware ;)

15. bassweight

bassweight Registered

I think it's saying something for rF2 *and* my lack of experience with higher-end hardware :p

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes exactly. Thanks :)

I have explained my experience with the current Build previously in this thread, so no need to reply my self. Just a little thing what i would like to add is that the most of the tires feel like they have a spongy surface. The whole feeling is very subdued on the Wheel and become slow with the last update. The impulsivity and speed of some feedback is become too slow and spongy. I understand the limitation by the hardware but these changes are due rather to the tires and there last update.

17. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Try this... for me and my G27 its perfect! Could not believe it.

Originally Posted by Hedlund_90
    speed1 I think you have steering help activated by accident

I have G27 and the feeling is amazing. I know there are better wheels (more expensive, at least!) but I think the G27 is great.
    Overall strengh: 137%
    Spring: 106%
    Damper: 130%

In-game I increase CAR-SPECIFIC FFB MULT... different to each car of course. But for the Brabham I have 1.70 right now, and FFB smoothing to 12. This is the only car I drive at the moment so I can't say how 'fantastic' these settings are for other cars. But Brabham at Monaco or Spa

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you Paddler, i have tested its settings, that changed the feeling a bit but I can still feel the tire, which to a part do not fit in imho. Where the Clio is quite good and also credible but the inertia of feedback still remains. The vague feeling is slightly less for this vehicle where as example in the F3.5 it is the more pronounced. The reason are the tires and the output of the information to the Wheel for my ability of perception.

19. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I guess I just have to little knowledge to really judge that, really I take your word for it, can only say that it's for me already at such a good level I was already impressed. And I did not notice any difference in feel with the last build, so probably I don't have that much feel for it like you do. If it get's further improved I'm only more happy:)
    I do believe there is a difference between tyre models, because some are released early, and the tyre model evolved after that. I hope with the components updates (like the Clio) it will get improved for some older models to match the quality of the newest models.

20. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Thanks mate, sort of made that assumption but thank you for explaining it more clear for me:)