rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Tony

Tony Registered

..very amusing

edit: like my avatar :D

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Hmm :confused: Should that not in their own interest to be operated somewhat more responsibly. I read a lot of frustration about this about that, and not only in this forum, also outside. I really have much faith with regard to the competence in physics but everything else confuses me a little. This devil-may-care attitude.
    It would be surely desirable, at least at release of a new build to stay tuned for keep track of how the things go or maybe if necessary also to apologize or do they not need that for customers who pay for this, even on beta status. I think we're all here because we have much faith in ISI and their competence but not to be considered or respected as a loyal consumer and lovers of the simracing is a little disappointing for many people, i guess.
    For my part I feel still not affected, since I am not really too long on it but I can read it. It's a pity really. Perhaps this is also imagination. Forgive me if I have a wrong impression.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think it is time ISI learn how to properly handle UAC. I suspect all these Auto Updater problems are related to UAC. They need to add code to escalate the privileges rather than just failing and then forcing us to look at Frank's glasses. Sorry Frank, I couldn't resist. :p

Here ISI, start here maybe:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163486.aspx

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

It seems as if it is the better alternative to sit back and hope the best. Actually I also wanted no longer actively participate in beta projects, last but not least because of bad experiences, also because it costs power. Well I hope and wish the best, since I currently have much fun with driving rF2, even on it's unfinished status and with all it's beta flaws. If it is not the best what I've ever experienced in relation to the driving experience. ;)

5. Frank Pabst

Frank Pabst Registered

np Noel, i don't take it too serious, at least there are some people now thinking about existing problems instead to gloss over:D

Since Windows 8 has much more restricted user rights than Windows 7 had, that would add to the already existing problem.

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hey Frank and speed1 (and others):
    I´m a daily reader of this forum. And what I notice is that at least -
    - no matter what thread - someone comes complaining about something,
    is whining and cursing!
    There are some hardcore-posters around here who defeat rF2 generally.
    But I cannot agree that there is a fanboyism that dumbs all discussion down.
    The Forum is in general relative quiet. I think that is a good sign!
    Concentrate on driving and testing (you decided to be part of a Beta-test! remember?)!

Greets
    Pete

7. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

actually we are external testers that only get "commercial releases". They have a group of internal testers which probably have access to a different debuging system...

this forum seems to be more focused on philosophical discussions: it ignores any serious technical discussion while holding a solid "fanboys versus critizers" attitude... a good reason to stay;)

8. speed1

speed1 Banned

@peterchen

I can not remember that i write something about fanboysm. But hey forget it, it does not interest me, those responsible are old enough and should even know what is right or wrong for himself. ;)

9. Frank Pabst

Frank Pabst Registered

Yes, i decided to join a 6 month beta testing (as proposed when i joined in) not lifetime beta testing;)
    And now, more than one year later, it's not longer called beta, now it's called "evolving product", but the stage is still beta (if at all), refunds were canceled quietly so im stuck with it, but that's another story.

So now i tried it again, because i paid for it, but the Updater didn't work (reproducable black screen after update), i reported this and what happened can you see yourself.
    Maybe my post was a bit rude, but all needed information is in it (including my system specs in profile).

Howsoever, let's hope the best we all get some day what we initially paid for.

edit: @speed1 - i think he meant me, i did indeed speak about fanboyism:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
  10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Hmm. And this justifies the ignorance or convinced me to be observed. I'm not sure. There is still the impression of indifference to the consumer.

@Frank Pabst
    He mentions me in the same breath ;)

11. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

....agree :) I "talked" about this point a few months ago :p

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Now that is a load of crap. They were up front telling us that a refund window was open for a certain time. If you didn't read that, then that is your problem.

13. Frank Pabst

Frank Pabst Registered

nope, when i "bought" rfactor 2, there wasn't any timeframe for a refund.
    This was changed at some point, but the customers were not informed about it (remember: nowhere in this "contract" was stated i have to watch this forum to get information about financial changes)-> legaly spoken the change didn't happen for us customers, but refund is closed nevertheless.
    Howsoever, i won't longer complain about that here, but your reaction shows exactly what i meant in one of my last posts;)

14. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"There is still the impression of indifference to the consumer." seems to be the Gretchenfrage over here;)

15. can`t wait 4 rF2

omg.....

16. Frank Pabst

Frank Pabst Registered

now we are already on the 6th site without anything related to the rf2 Build:D

Are there any forum moderators here?
    Maybe this OT stuff can be moved to a separate thread?

17. can`t wait 4 rF2

I agree Frank but last year i duscuss the same

und hab auch wegen meinem jämmerlichen Englisch die Hucke voll bekommen :)

18. Frank Pabst

Frank Pabst Registered

i followed the discussion at that time Thomas ;)

to be clear, i didn't ask about a refund, i just want to get what i initially paid for, what is a final game, not lifetime beta testing aka "evolving product"...

19. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Frank good to see someone else here with blue skin:cool:

20. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

Let's hope for Frank ;)