rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

I did not fully understand everythin you wrote, but understand enough to know where to fiddle with things. Thanks Dimitry

2. Alesi

Alesi Registered

nice damage system!! not buggy at all.

3. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

LoL
    mating games of butterflies :D

4. dsuspense

dsuspense Registered

Not sure what the release priority for this game is any more.
    Is it the core features of the game, or vehicles.
    Its been three years and core things like weather, working clutch still are not fully implemented, yet they are releasing R/C cars and other vehicles, while the core of the game still takes a back seat in release priority...
    I know ISI can pull off weather that will equal or be better than the F1 game series!
    Wish ISI had some kind of roadmap as to when this game to finally be in a true "gold" state, cause to me it still seems like a beta...

5. elcoco

elcoco Registered

ok,after turned off rain drop and set special effect to medium,i do not see the rain drop but

the road reflexion is amazing and i like the spray ;reflexion and spray look realistique for me

yes ,there are a few bug ,that a wip!

Im very happy with that; thx Tim and ISI team:)

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I have special effects on medium but never seem to get road reflections

(I do have world reflections & other stuff switched on too)

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I think the problem a lot of people are having with the rain is that they are doing what I did yesterday- if you set the rain for 100% humidity, you will get spray so thick it looks like clouds... but in any race, with rain that heavy they'd red flag the race.

If you want to see the rain in its full glory, choose 95% Chance of rain, 30% humidity. If you join the session and it's not raining, just restart weekend until it is actually raining. The rain will be at a more realistic level. You will see perfect rooster tails, as the rain comes and goes you will see varying amounts of rain and varying amounts of spray and if the rain holds up long enough a drying line will appear. You'll get it all.

I just did this with the 370Z at Heartland Park (the AI slows on the pit straight for some odd reason though) just to test the rain out. It was really cool and the grip level varied so much I had to constantly change my line and search for grip. The rain spray forced me to not follow too close and to run off line a lot to see anything. When the line dried, I had to run on the wet part of the track ont he straights to control tire temperature. In short: awesome.

So don't over-do it with the rain. Less is more and you will appreciate this update!

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You are annoying! all we understand your agenda, hate on rf2, hate on rf2..........:mad:

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I really don't see the problem with that video. The crash looked pretty good to me until the cars started flying but at that point who cares- you were out of the race anyway. So why does it matter that the cars started to fly around a little after you are already crashed out? The bug didn't affect your race. that was just bad luck

10. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Im the only one who race with sun? :p

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

That is cool. So why isn't this in rf2 already :p

12. coops

coops Banned

IMHO the rain will only get better its in WIP.
    don't understand why we get spray but no wipers in tin tops?
    and did any1 get fps loss?

13. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Wipers won't change a thing since there are no rain particles on windshield anyway :)

It will all come in it's time I guess..

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not sure because I had to turn HDR on, otherwise I had washed colours.

But based on my previous rain tests: spray doesn't seem to have effect on fps (or very small impact) but the rain itself reduces fps (not much). Rain+ reflections= some more fps loss

15. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

spray job and PealRoad.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It doesn't look good, yes, but is that the way you are usually spending your time in rf2 :p

It only matters how it works when in action, while driving.

Your video only tells that spray effect in slow speeds isn't that good.

17. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

disable all external camera. and do not have to work on graphic effects.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You still can see other cars and the track around you :p

Did not say that you do not have good points but it's pointless to go on and on about the same things at this point. They are not going to change anything in a day. I'm sure they have noted your concern. Just relax and try to enjoy the things that work.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Tried the new Build today! I dont like at all the spray effect:(, it is unrealistic and I can't see anything even 30m behind the car in front!

20. Paddler

Paddler Registered

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/...aesse_Kommt_die_Regenkommission_13040204.html

Here is an Article where they talk about racing int he rain. It says that they could make the tires work even better, but the problem is, that there is so much water in the air, that the drivers don't even see the car in front of them.

"Aber man wäre trotzdem kein Rennen gefahren, weil so viel Wasser in der Luft stand, dass man nichts hätte sehen können. Es wird ein Sichtproblem. Schon jetzt sind die Fahrer im Regen nicht in der Lage, das Auto vor ihnen zu sehen."

and...
    "Sie schauen an den Streckenrand und suchen nach Markierungen, um ihren Bremsvorgang einzuleiten. Wenn etwas mit dem Auto vor ihnen passiert, dann werden sie es treffen. Sie haben keine Möglichkeit, auszuweichen", erklärt Hembery

it says that the F1 drivers look at the side of the track to find a reference for turning and braking.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013