rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Minibull

Minibull Member

It's going to get better for sure, they said it is work in progress. No need to think it will ALWAYS be like this.

Heres another good one I remember seeing a while a go, and thinking "How the eff do they see..." You can also kinda see that the cars aren't billowing off spray like the F1 cars do, and even then it is hard to see.

2. lbird

lbird Registered

After installing the new build i have a strange problem: When entering the car my camera view is 180 degrees rotated, i am facing backwards but driving forwards. I don't see anything of the car, just the road. Real strange, my default camera view is cockpit. I know that there is a pretty simple setting for this, but yesterday i couldn't figure it out. It was late. Can somebody help me?

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

At least three problems with the spray effect at the moment:

1. Spray is too strong in low speeds
    2. The end of spray has this weird drag effect. Does not seem natural.
    3. Spray should not come inside the car.
    4. Overall spray effect is too strong. Example:

Example doesn't necessarily apply to open wheelers...

I do not say anything about the visibility yet. I believe it's hard to see when in spray but not sure if this hard.

4. Niko

Niko Registered

yeah, but it's enough for lots of game with very good quality.
    Bizarre.

5. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Less is more.

at the moment where you go closer, they can see a little blur.
    The fahrphyik is not naturally good

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  6. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I have nothing bad to say against ISI. But what they do is not very qualitatively. I can not understand why and what is stopping them.
    Maybe they got tired it? They do not like their job?
    Again about RealRoad. I am sure that they never will be corrected and will not, have a good technology but requires more system requirements. It's all generalizations. For show, point by point. And none of the functions do not work properly, beautifully and correctly.
    I stood on each point for 5 seconds, a giant drying area? not from the tires. Similarly, on Racegrouw
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I conclude for themselves.
    If they started to connect the effects, so will soon reliz gold.
    Efekt will be many (dirt road, dust from the road, etc.) but the effect it all on the same principle.
    Next. Change principles Realroad no one will. Improvements in imaging Realroad not. Changes in technology will not. Graphics are not much better.
    This lasted for almost half a year. Given that it's all to turn out for a long time there. Just plug in turn what has long been there.
    The big question is how much it will grow at a pace rFator2? And at what level?

7. Eddie74

Eddie74 Registered

+1

Cars, spray front tires?

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I figured something yesterday which I'm sure isn't implemented yet, but will be later on. Different tires and speeds will result in different levels of spray. For example an F1 wet tire will get rid of much more water than a 'regular' racing wet tire, or even worse, a road car wet tire. Quoted from the pirelli website:

The white wall effect right now could very well be the worst of worst condition always showing, later on scaled down by used tire compound, speed and track circumstances. It's like realroad now, functioning in an accelerated rate for testing purposes :)

9. Twista

Twista Registered

Exactly, I think ISI know what they're doing in this respect. This is the first in a long line of improvements to the wet weather system I imagine.

10. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Exactly what I was going to write .

Also as mentioned earlier in the thread, tarmac type will make a huge difference in how much spray is kicked up.

When I drive home on the freeway, there is a tarmac change halfway through and it literally goes from almost no spray to a huge amount ..and that's only at 100km/he in a road car.

I wonder if spray will ever interface with a tarmac surface parameter in defined track files. I would assume not although that's a pure guess on my behalf as it sounds like it would be complicated.

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Playlife I haven't thought of that yet, you are right there can be big differences. Here in the Netherlands we have tarmac caled ZOAB which lets rain drain through it into the soil beneath it to almost take away spray entirely, really nice :)

It could very well be something in the tdf file, a simpe 'zoab' variable ranging from 0-1 :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

.tdf files already contain a "Reaction=spray" set of parameters :)

But as the post you referenced already said, the current effect may not take this into account fully or could have all other parameters (equivalent tyre parameter, ...) on max at this point.

*Plus, this whole system might be reworked.

13. Plebre

Plebre Registered

Like it. But, spray tail is too long, think it must fade in the air faster. I am shure better textures will came, from ISI or talented mod group. Just tone the variables better than possible. Don't know how you go to deal with front cars windows alpha channel when look thought the spray haze. I think rain effects must be priority to stop complainement, people is waiting for so long.

Sorry but I've to say it again, the develop looks like two men work.

14. john gianni

john gianni Registered

Thank you ISI for your work, OK, respect, but anyways it's your duty as we're paying for it. Obvious. Just wanted to say that adding new features is useless when we have still so many bugs that are really annoying, expecially on SLI triplescreens config.

What's your strategy???

Put what ever in the game just to gather selling points or to have a well optimized, rock solid game? To me it looks like a scam to buy a feature rich game that turns out to be very buggy after purchase....

Please fix the bugs!

I don't give a damn for rain effects when I can't play the game right for stutters or see distorted replays or having to deal with badly modeled corvette tires etc...

15. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I oschyuschenie there talented programmers in physics but not in the chart as a whole. Modernization of the old graphics engine to modern standards is a utopia.
    Hire talented programmers in the schedule or go to a new graphics engine as a whole.
    Better to do a rollback on gmotor2.0 than working with incapable of pulling the visual effects on gmotor2.5
    HDR it should only work on reflective surfaces and must be neat balance. HDR now works as a filter in front of a multiplying colors in general, not looking at the edge of space, shadow, illuminated and opacity.

16. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

And years from now when they announce development for rFactor3 and say "No open Beta. Game will only be available when it's ready to ship" one needs only to look at this thread and the countless others like it to know why.

17. john gianni

john gianni Registered

Don't agree with you... We paid to beta test like the game was good to go... because ISI needed funds to carry on with the development. Which is fair. I always say, I paid, I complain if I'm not satisfied. I would agree with you if the open beta was for free...

It would be nice to know what is the strategy in the development... Which are priorities and roadmaps... ISI should improve communication to avoid arguments everywhere... IMHO.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think that most of these post wouldn't be here if we would know exactly how ready these features are. That is not always possible of course. But everyone can see that current spray system is too simple to be fully implemented. Spray is too thick (more like smoke, not transparent water) and it's not affected by speed or by amount of water on road surface (or by car type?). I'm sure we will see these later. Spray isn't everything that we got with build 198. I try to enjoy those other things meanwhile.

19. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

This confidence was at all when the release of the first beta tests. Much time has passed. Weak graphics engine. Hope and confidence disappear.

20. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Plus IRL spray comes out of the tires, not just from under a car :)

[​IMG]