rFactor2 Build 156 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 28, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

same problem here :p

Stop releasing these builds :D

But seriously, was totally waiting for this :) now off to test...

2. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

Solved : I used the automatic update and it's working

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Used automatic update and all working well, thank you ISI for this new build (Same FPS as before, no more, no less).

4. Niko

Niko Registered

Always the same. update after update, month after month no improvement in term of graphic for ATI and multiview owner.:mad:
    Everyboby is happy with nothing, sorry but it's not my case. it's too long.:(

5. argo0

argo0 Registered

6. coops

coops Banned

new mod manager is great easy to use.

7. Ozy LDDT

Ozy LDDT Registered

A lot of crash dedicated server on the version 146 the problem is it adjusted to 156?

Thx for release...Best regards.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

About the same fps as earlier I guess... but noticed some occasional stuttering that was not there eariler (not much really but some still, I'm using HD 7750 with 13.2 beta driver). But all in all the performance is good...still waiting for optimization though.

Graphics are now little better... not huge difference but then again I'm quite satisfied with the level of quality atm. Just hope it could be even smoother. Now there was lots of stuttering in Poznan race weekend layout with 16 AI. It was a lot better with only 8 cars and even better when I tried track day layout with 10 AI. But Poznan demands the most from hardware (Blackwood has lower fps but I think it is badly optimized). I can have 16 AI on most of the tracks without any stuttering and mainly 60fps.

Nice little update (not saying that it was easy work but that it does not have the things I am waiting for). But now I can concentrate on racing again, not testing :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I see hints to a Marussia release Tim, but probably not in time for the season to start, right?

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No multiscreen support, no multiscreen replays...............:(

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

12. john gianni

john gianni Registered

+1

Any road map to address multiscreen/sli problems please?

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Nothing new, same poor graphics and same poor performance... :(

14. rockerman

rockerman Registered

I had the same problem.
    Each new update I have this problem, i do this procedure and it will fix..
    - disable HDR,
    - start a new race (and you should see this graphic bug)
    - exit from race.
    - enable HDR
    - start a new race, the graphic problem disappear! :)

Anyway this new build looks very good, very good contrast and HDR.. great job!

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

This is usually a track issue. I'm getting the same at Monaco, but at latest tracks everything is fine.
    No build will fix it - only content update (which hopefully is coming).

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Finally I can see tire wear and temps . This took so long... Overall colors when looking from cockpit look better.

But there are major problems:
    1. With HDR enabled there is huge difference in lighting between view from inside closed cockpit and open cockpit. Its literally night and day difference! Set overcast weather and run in Corevette - lighting is bright, a normal day will look like this. F2 in this same weather and track - looks like late evening, its even hard to see some turns!

2. With HDR enabled when pressing "r" to watch a replay, or when watching other cars in real time from TV cameras, everything looks dark, like through sun glasses! It certainly does not look like normal day light, or even overcast weather.

3. Aspect ratio in replays is wrong. From day 1. In replay by default (if I don`t press ENTER) view is squished vertically. How long will this go on? Is this really to hard to fix? Watching squished cars is so disappointing...

4. No possibility to see in what condition track is right now. Simple percentage would be enough. Like 20% rubbered or 60% rubbered. Right now I have no idea why I have no grip, is it because the track has no rubber, or this current mod|car physics is poorly done.

There are many others, but this ones disappoint me the most.

17. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I'm getting a very weird issue;

1) In devmode I'm stuck at 2fps, probably because there're tons of pink crossed lines (never saw before) for each vertex in the scene. I don't know how turn it off.
    2) I can't tweak the devmode config.ini anymore to turn the HDR ON. Or, at least, I don't know which Config.ini is using now, as the default one in the ModDev\UserData\ is not touched anymore by the devmode itself, when I change settings using the UI.

:/

18. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

ctrl+h should deactivate them, seems they are on with default now, no idea why.

for hdr tweak the config now in root rf2 folder, i think i got it to work that way yesterday.

19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

You just made my day...Thanks!

20. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

FPS seems to be a bit better I think, I havent driven for a while but Idont think I've ever seen around 120fps going around Mills in a Clio on triple screens.
    I wonder what Estoril drives like now, that's always been pretty horrid performance wise :p

Mind u I'm not using hdr, fxaa & shadows set on low and I only use 5040*1050 instead of 5760*1200