rFactor2 Build 156 dedicated server problem

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Marcing, Feb 28, 2013.

1. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

Hi guys,
    Wondering if you could help, im not quite understanding the above or how this could happen. Build 240.

I downloaded the "Content Installer" for both my PC & Dedi server, when installing on pc all was fine.

On PC,
    In mod manager clicking only "mods" i can see the series and when clicking "host" in the launcher i can select the series. All file directories are default.

On Dedi,
    In mod manager clicking "mods" i cannot not see any series and when clicking the "host" in the launcher i cannot select any series all file directories are default and same as pc yet i get no series at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You need to create a vmod to host with. That is a file which references which car(s) and track you are racing with.

3. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

Thanks for the fast response Tim, awesome.

Ok i shall do my research on vmods, thanks again. ;)

4. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

Very easy to make vmods now i understand that it creates series etc, thanks again.

For anyone else wondering why you cannot start your dedicated servers first watch this video,
    RFMOD versus vMOD Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQ_eo2zsl4&feature=youtu.be

And here is a more in depth tutorial on how to use the mas2 tool to make vmods which allow you to host on the dedi.
    http://www.simracingpro.com/forum/i...or-cars-and-tracks-for-dedicated-server.1370/