rFactor2 64 bit exe announcemet ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by evphelps, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Max

Max Registered

yeah pretty hilarious, trying to get information about 64 bit isn't it? I also came here looking, and see nothing new. I find it funny also in the two plus years, now I"ve raced with NO ONE online. And now it wants a reactivation fee to race with NO ONE. ? I just read there are 11 people world wide playing this sim at any one time? And with people not reactivating, what will that number fall to? So the answer is no news on 64 bit exe. no news on player base, and wanting a reactivation fee for playing with 10 other people in the world?. I did well for staying away from these forums for so many months, to return and see nothing has changed. I chimed in about AMD drivers last month after buying a R9 290x, and mentioning how great it runs this sim. ANd now I still sit waiting for this 64 bit exe.. Umm when is it coming? Has this actually been answered anywhere?

Edit, found this a few days ago posted in some other thread.. I know huh..

"Jeremy Miller @jeremymmiller · Jun 19

Builds still in testing. No build this week for sure. I am hoping late next week IF we get these issues resolved soon."

So whomever could not find answers, I think that is the most recent skipping record response. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's funny how you talk about not being able to find anything new, and the 64 bit info is in the 'news' section. That's where new stuff is put - news.

This forum isn't where you find all dev info, it's that simple. If you bother to click on the News section of the forum you'll also find links to twitter, facebook, and youtube.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Well out of those 11 we had about 6-7 racing with WRRacing.net tonight and we had a hoot! Maybe the rest of the users are too busy on the forum tapping their feet waiting for something to happen.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's no answer to that. No, it hasn't, because there's no answer to that.

If you don't feel the software warrants your $12, the logical thing would be to not let it reach through the screen like a Steam sale and make you. :) That is a choice you have.

All the x64 news, is in the news section of our site. This is linked from the news forum here, and now with the new header there's a news link and recent news is also shown to anybody logged in. x64 news being one of those items.

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi Tim, i don't know if i'm free to ask but could you tell us a little about the problems devs are facing in x64 testing?

6. 88mphTim

Offline racing was done very quickly, online compatibility was an issue (so 32 can host 64, 64 can host 32, and mixed clients can co-exist), then it was found that some content we put out used non-public (out of date) incompatible meshes it shouldn't, not sure what's happening with that yet. Just general dev stuff really.

7. blanes

blanes Registered

Thanks for the information Tim ... I do love this racer and especially because it had nvidia 3Dvision implemented which is the only way I can race anymore because going back to 2D is now impossible as I lose all my depth perception and ability to anticipate corners etc. it is just so much better ... will be even more so once my DK2 Oculus Rift arrives.

Probs out of place here but I also have to add comment that I was very disappointed to be asked to pay for re-activation of a multiplayer mode that I have only ever visited a couple of times over the last few years mainly because each time I did there was hardly anyone available and in my part of the world ( Aussie ) there was noone racing at the times I visited ( shiftworker here ) . So anyway I do understand the costs etc. but I thought the online aspect time limit was not going to commence until rF2 had come out of beta so for me it is just not worth putting money out there for a service that I cannot use and isn't fully implemented ... but that's just bad luck for me I guess !

8. 88mphTim

It did. You had a choice not to pay it though, if you've only visited it a few times it might not have been a huge loss to you? You could still run offline. There's no resentment to someone doing that, I race offline most of the time myself.

The costs aren't directly tied the price, development cost is. The company wanted over $80 to make profit over the lifetime of the product and devised a payment plan which would get us there without asking for it all at once, then people asked for that option (which became lifetime). The amount you're being asked to pay yearly is, to us, part of the product. It's tied to the mp to encourage payment. Anyone who races offline though or decided against, would be able to bypass it.

9. blanes

blanes Registered

Ok my bad, I am guilty of not always fully reading & comprehending stuff so it is my fault as I should have just ponied up for the lifetime gig because although I am not a fanatically online racer it still is nice to pop in now & again and have a friendly race. As I alluded to - my problem is finding a timeslot where there is other racers locally because of my erratic shift hours.

Thanks for the explanation Tim, it makes absolutely good business sense.

I don't suppose there is any upgrade path to lifetime for someone like myself this late in the game is there ?

10. freew67

freew67 Registered

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanx for your reply Tim, very much appreciated. :eek:

12. blanes

blanes Registered