SOLVED Rfactor very slow at startup

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jeremy Mook, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Jeremy Mook

Jeremy Mook Registered

Hi,hope anyone can help out..the thing is, when I first start Rfactor on steam, everything goes as normal, synchronizing steam workshop items, then Rf2 launcher pups up, no problem so var..
    Then I klik the helmet, the Rfactor logo pups up, and it stays like this for 7 or 8 minutes, windows saying in dutch "programe not responding, wait or abort", then finally the screen turns black, and the game starts as normal..In game loading times are normal, exept when pressing "showroom", it takes a lot longer then usual, and when I exit the game, it takes a while before the launcher pups up againg..Did a "check file inregrity"check through steam already, doesn't change anything. The game works fine do ;) Hope you can help with this "problem"..Thanks!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This can happen when you end up with a whole heap of .rcd files, I think under your UserData folders (possibly in settings).

The quickest way to try fixing (and cover a few possibilities) might be to move your entire UserData folder out to somewhere else, Verify rF2 files in steam, then copy your 4 JSON files back into UserData\player so all your game settings are transferred and see what happens.

Car setups will be in the UserData\player\settings folder, so if that works you may want to copy them back across. But obviously if those folders have the thousands of .rcd files that might be causing the issue, you won't want to copy those.

Hope that makes sense.

buzz hornet likes this.
  3. Jeremy Mook

Jeremy Mook Registered

Thanks for the reply;) I'll try that for starters yes, as soon I have the time:) I let you know asap.. Thanks!

4. Jeremy Mook

Jeremy Mook Registered

Hi, that seems to do the trick:D..I removed the userdata map from the game, verified rF2 files trough steam..
    I've rebooted the computer after verify was done, just to be sure..Started up Rfactor2, and it runs as it should;).
    I didn't put any of the JSON files back into the UserData\player map do, but instead I re-did my personalisation manually
    (controls,graphics etc.)

I took a chance on my previous car setups:p, but seems it stays ok now..game starts and runs just fine!..

Thanks a million!!

Greets, Jer

Lazza likes this.