rfactor v1109 works but others not

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Logan Govender, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Logan Govender

Logan Govender Registered

Hello all
    firstly very new to this so please excuse me if I am asking silly questions
    I recently bought rFactor2 on steam after playing the demo for a month or so. It has taken the best part of 3 days to actually get this to run on my machine. the trick which I actually saw on a thread, was that a way around would be to install a previous version.
    I have installed v1109 from steam and now everything works fine.....
    I assume that some new features/cars/tracks/ffb etc would not be as per the latest developments which is not ideal (I really want the new Ferrari GT cars :) )....
    Any ideas as to why I am working fine from v1109 but not the standard install of steam

Thanks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

None of the new features will work with v1109. All the graphic changes and DLC content, both cars and tracks, came after that version. Give us a list of your hardware(video card & video memory, cpu, system memory), windows version, and laptop or desktop. Perhaps we can help.

3. Logan Govender

Hello
    so its a HP Laptop ... for starters lol
    i5 10210U 1.6Ghz
    8Gig Ram

4. Logan Govender

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks for the info Logan. We've seen several laptop users have issues with the full rF2. I don't think the video config tool recognizes shared laptop memory. But I also would not be surprised to find many laptop users successfully running rF2. That might be worth a topic in itself. Try and get the attention of laptop users that can make it work.
    It might be a longshot, but is there any cheap convenient way of increasing your system ram? You may just not have enough ram to share between windows and rF2. I say this with trepidation tho, It might be another dead end and you would have wasted money trying to get it working.

6. Logan Govender