rFactor Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Sep 29, 2018.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I have been looking on line and I'm not finding much information. So I'm guessing ISI now Studio-397 has nothing to do with this? It looks updated and current. It also looks very interesting but I didn't see a price or a way to buy it.
    Is it only for professional use? Racing teams, driving schools?
    Is it wrong to ask about it here?
    I'm guessing there was a connection at one time because of the name?
    Also, I noticed no mention of rFactor Pro in Wikipedia.
    I did find a rFactor Pro configuration @
    http://wiki.simwb.com/wiki/RFactorPro_Configuration
    And it says it needs two computers!!
    Very interesting indeed!!

Louis likes this.
  2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Ive played it at a car expo a few years ago, mclaren f1 driver development team were running in the sim section at the expo.

we races ten drivers in the skip barber, it didn’t really feel much different but themat was because that was the supplied car that came with the game, with no added physics of mclarens own.

I’m quite sure the general public can’t buy it, it’s primarily a tool for teams to use to proof test new parts or systems on cars, and of course setup changes.

From what I was told with my brief chat, all the data that they use for the tyres and physics are all aquited from their own testing, so the teams cars won’t feel anything like we can drive because of the budgets

It’s also a completely different dev team from the old isi, they are based in Britain if I can remember correctly

Take all this with a grain of salt, I’m usually wrong because my brain is like a sieve

Louis and vegaguy5555 like this.
  3. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thanks.
    It's kind of a enigma. I also seen a military use in my research somewhere. Very intriguing.
    The two must have a connection at some point in time or you would think there would be a name conflict? But for me its just another bragging point for rF2.

4. Bozak

Bozak Registered

http://www.rfpro.com/
    rFactor Pro is a professional simulation used by manufacturers and racing teams throughout the motorsport industry. The software is not available for public purchase.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

You wouldn’t want to purchase it

As I understand :

You have the same core of it in rfactor or better still rfactor2

The core physic features represent the best interpretation of the real world known in sim racing ( subjective to a certain degree but I’m on the right forum for that statement not to become an issue )

We really perhaps only scratch the surface of detail compared to f1/other race teams of what this software is capable of
    If you have a team of racing & in communication with software engineers we could do the same with rfactor2 as it stands
    I’m referring to data & figures to the depth that we wouldn’t be interested in
    (Unless your actual real world race car team were in a series where there was mega monies & sponsership at stake)

Rfactorpro is more of a stripped down core software perhaps with more tools & ready made common plugins for teams to test their own custom software plugins & telemetry data

Unless you have a lot of time on your hands & have string ideas of how you wish to sculpture your almost custom race sim simulation then rfactor2 is a better place to be

Would like complete access to all the laser scanner tracks most of those too f1 teams must have though for driver training here in rf2 but that will not happen

Real world physics do not change
    Rfactor 1 was optimised long ago to mimic this , rfactor2 introduced new features
    Various teams using rfpro will no doubt doing their own thing & not ness any better

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    vegaguy5555 likes this.
  6. Louis

Louis Registered

I bet it does have built in offline championship

AlexNordic and Seven Smiles like this.
  7. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

That does makes sense.

I do remember you or someone else talking about this in another/wrong forum. I didn't realize it was about rFactor Pro. Very cool.

Adrianstealth likes this.
  8. F1SimulatorManiac

F1SimulatorManiac Registered

Studio397 now develop and distribute the game, rFactor2.
    rFpro is a completely independent company, with zero links to Studio397 or the rFactor2 game.

A number of years ago the source code base split between rFactor2 gaming engine and the rendering engine used here at rFpro.
    The code has now been developed completely independently for many years.
    rFpro is completely focused on physical-based simulation for the professional engineering market.
    rFpro is not the professional version of rFactor.
    rFpro's codebase is completely the IP of rFpro.

vegaguy5555 and Ermz like this.