rfactor Pro looks…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I am actually in the process of going both. So I can choose. Also very good for if sims don't support vr, or if it's really hot

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I do not understand how people who have computers, graphics cards more powerful than mine, have stuttering problems, I think the worst is the new rain graphics when you drive in virtual reality, but I do not stutter with a 1080ti an i5 8600k and some Pimax 8k plus ... I just don't get it:(:confused:

Manfredk2 likes this.
  3. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

At the development site where rFpro is used, it seems that drawing with a projector is the mainstream instead of VR or triple screen. In addition, as a method of reproducing the G force, a method of moving the base by an actuator and a cable is adopted.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Currently rfactor pro has nothing to do with rfactor 2, the G forces I think they are not up to the task.
    At NASA they already use virtual and augmented reality even to design robots and probes, or for science and maintenance at the international space station

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I just dont get it too. Never had problems with my 1080ti but all Nvidia drivers for my 3090 are a mess. I often linked to this thread: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...-index-missing-dropped-frames-since-nvidia-d/ - hundreds of people still having the same issue.

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Maybe I could be wrong, but I never saw that nvidia released specifications for rfactor 2, it only releases for new games, when I see people who have great graphics cards and have stutters it is disconcerting, the only thing I do not use are plugins, or simhub, or anything external, because there if I had performance problems in FPS. even with my old 1070 I was doing well with oculus rift cv1, they gave me a 1080ti and I upgraded to Pimax 8K PLUS, and all good for now

[​IMG]

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

For me it’s exactly the opposite. Personally Motion + monitors= no sense
    Motion+VR= maximum immersion
    This is my rig .. not even one monitor CD4ADFBD-3B69-4E25-8FB7-F6F6D9DAB866.jpeg

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

9. lagg

lagg Registered

O...M...G

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Mother of.......

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

VR feels like a toy, I use rF2 for the "professionnal" feeling, if I want arcade, I can use AMS2.
    For the professional feeling you have :
    Ford-Technical-Racing-Center-34.jpg
    cq5dam.resized.img.1680.large.time1588773387884.jpg
    cq5dam.resized.img.890.medium.time1588773714527.jpg
    bmw-million-pound-racing-simulator-03-1586497202.jpg
    Ferrari-sim-725x500.jpg
    Rotator_820-625x340.jpg
    Ford-Technical-Racing-Center-25.jpg

It's professional feeling, VR feels like a toy for kids...
    I can't go back to VR.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, ok.

Ok.

Done now?

Back to the OP: I find very often things look "good" until you see another game that has the lighting right, and then you see what's not so good.

Heck, I loaded up F1 2018 the other day (got it free a while back...) and the relative graphical realism was striking. It wasn't just a good detailed representation of a real thing - in places (on the couple of tracks I loaded) it almost looked real.

13. Binny

Binny Guest

Do you think with latest graphic updates they have completely forgotten about VR users ? Honestly not 1 piece of feedback from s397 about this, im starting to think they are like ISI just introduced VR to satisfy some and now nothing for yrs.

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Maybe the focus will change, and they start to improve virtual reality ... hopefully

15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Manfredk2 likes this.
  16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

We are taking about immersion. Real racing teams when they use these mega sim structures aren’t looking for immersion at all…. They are simply looking for tires and car data…. So only for testing testing. It’s a different thing.
    You say VR is a toys?! Today US military use VR for training.. Medicine university’s use VR for operations studies and operations simulations.

juanchioooo and Filip like this.
  17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In my case, the purpose of using rfactor 2 is to have fun and have the best possible time, and the IMMERSION gives me everything, in no case is it to compete to win any championship or race, except at my age, which has already passed half a century, I don't have any the level for it, but even if I had it, right now my purpose would remain the same, have a great time, have fun, nothing else ...

That said, it is clear that both the monitors and the VR is OPTIONAL, it is not better or worse, that is decided by the user, which in my case is clearly better the immersion, than the resolution.

The technological advance is clear and virtual and augmented reality is already everywhere, NASA uses augmented and virtual reality to design the probes that travel into space, they have said it in several documentary documentaries, it is easier for them and they save time and work, said by them ...

Professional simulators like formula one basically look for aerodynamic data, also data on racing strategies, they have nothing to do with the simulators that non-professional users use ...

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's to some extent right. But especialy with racing games and simulators there comes a point where the illusion falls easily apart if for example the FFB or the vehicle handling doesn't make any sense. Racing sims in general also reach a point when the world you are in looks too stylized. Kunos games are fantastic examples for this: I have never seen a screenshot or a video in AC (even with SOL and the CSP) that tricked me into believing that I am not looking at a videogame while people hype it to death. ACC has similar issues: first of all you need a beast of a PC to get anything that looks somewhat decent while the fidelity is horrendous. And unless you are in photomode - same as in PC2 for example - those racing sims, eventhough their lighting is somewhat better have a very stylized look to them. They all look like a Michael Bay movie.

In rF2 it's a bit different and iRacing was good at this for a long time aswell. It strikes a nice balance of a realistic lighting (minus the sky), believable handling, ok-ish sound (eventhough the sound engine is long overdue for an overhaul) and very nice track modeling and use of shaders. If you drive one of the latest tracks like Spa, the tarmac looks allmost photorealsitic and with rain, the SSR implementation and everything maxed out you come to a point where you are tricked to believe you are sitting in a real car. The biggest immersion killer for me right now that breaks the whole illusion is the sky and the clouds in rF2. They look completely out of place and don't match the visual fidelity of the rest of the image.

19. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If your problem is the clouds and the sky, I think you should change to an airplane simulator, because driving has little to do with the clouds and the sky.

20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

To get to know VR well, it is POTENTIALLY the most immersive and the most realistic system.

It is largely conditioned by the VR headset (a high-end and recent one is strongly preferable) and incredibly conditioned by the whole PC which must be at least powerful, a PC unfortunately extremely expensive being strongly preferable.
    And even with an RTX 3090 which costs an absolutely ridiculous price, you cannot put the graphics on high (not ultra) with the normal resolution of a Reverb G2 with what makes all the pleasure of rF2 in my opinion (a lot of AI, diversified multiclass, random and scripted rain, ditto for clouds, full day/night cycle,.....

I specify that in my opinion there is NO immersion in reprojection mode and this destroys performance of the CPU making it difficult to enjoy the 103 AI type on the Nordschleife (just an example).

So there are FOR ME very strong conditions and constraints (budget but not only) for VR to be REALLY interesting.

But yes, POTENTIALLY, VR is my opinion the best system.

One thing to say to VR owners :

You underestimate the pleasure that can be had on the screen.

At the moment I have the worst of the worst (24 inch screen in full HD, on the other hand in 75hz which is sufficiently fluid).

This allows me to put the graphics with my GTX 1080 in ultra in the game and in the nvidia control panel.
    Whatever I can tell you guys, with a perfectly set FOV and screen distance, I enjoy playing, and I have no trouble driving.

So everything is relative, and let's be honest, the use of VR in simracing instantly makes this hobby quite unreasonable in terms of budget, WHICH IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THE INITIAL GOAL.....