Rfactor graphics setup

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by bkircher, Apr 10, 2013.

1. bkircher

bkircher Registered

Hey there guys

Im getting rfactor2 setup and am having some trouble trying to figure out what the best options are and to make the game run the most smoothly. I think my system should for the most part be able to handle rf2 with no problems.

My system
    intel i7 @3.4 quad core
    nvidia 520 1gb
    8gb ram

what do you guys think would be the best syncing option?? Right now I have it set to sync the gpu, but id really like it to sync the software cause i think those are the best overall options for the game. See below my initial setup. Im still going to be tweaking it, but this is what i got for now.

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Wow I would hesitate to use those settings on my GTX470. Unfortunately the GT520 is not really a gaming card, it's an entry level card, sort of one up from integrated graphics. it barely scrapes into ISI's minimum requirement level. Obviously you won't find any rF2 benchmarks using it but here's a review I found which will give you a general idea of where it stands. Note this review is now 2 years old!

Good news you have an i7@3.4 and 8GB of ram so you should be able to put a decent vid card in, HD7850 up or GTX660 up (funds/PSU permitting of course).

3. JGraf

JGraf Registered

does it matter that the nvidia profile is "launch rfactor2.exe", and not core\"rfactor2.exe" ?

4. Bart S

Bart S Member

why are you using CSAA? As far as I am aware rFactor isn't programmed to accomodate CSAA. Only certain games that have been programmed for CSAA can make use of its functionality.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

5. bkircher

bkircher Registered

What is CSAA?? I went out and upgraded my card earlier today, now have a 650 gtx. What settings should I use now?

6. Bart S

Bart S Member

CSAA is an optimized AntiAliasing mode you will find it in nvidia cp. you will have to play with it to find the best settings. Forget FXAA