Rfactor.exe memory limit?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Jaageri, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

Lately i've been getting a lot of ctd without other warnings except by loosing ffb from my wheel between session changes, after that maybe a few minutes and the game crashes.

The mods have gotten bigger and bigger and i've noticed that rfactor.exe memory use have increased also.
    The mod with most problems is F1 RFT2011 for me.

My limit seems to be at 1 022mb and after that it ctd.
    Usually it uses about 850mb.

Is this the maximum rfactor.exe can go or is there something wrong with my installation?

Still using Xp with 4gb ram, Intel CoreDuo 8400 at 3.4ghz and a Gf8800 GTS 512mb.

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

When you hit memory limit (for unpatched rF) you will get C++ error. Unpatched rF can get up to about 1.85-1.9GB and that is a standard limit for 32bit app in 32bit and 64bit OS
    Patched rF (that 4GB patch) can get above the limit in 64bit OS (so, no problem with rF wanting to eat 3GB of memory :) ). Have no idea how it behaves in 32bit OS after applying the patch, as you have there 3.2.-3.5GB limit of available memory anyway (and you need some reserve for texture memory etc.)

3. Nodo

Nodo Registered

4. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

4gb patched version goes to the main screen where you got Customize,Control and Connect but if i press any of them instant ctd.
    So no go with that.

LesiU good explanation on your post, thanks.

Oh yeah, i have used that 4gb patch before on il2 1946 with Xp and with that it works fine.
    So maybe i've got a problem with my installation.

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yes, definatelly something on your side.
    All my rFactor installations (and I have like dozen of them already, for different mods, testing etc. - all of them on the "lite" version of rF) have that patch applied and they all work fine.

6. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

I've got the dvd version so having trouble with lite as it wants to be activated for money that i'm saving for rf2 at the moment.:rolleyes: