rFactor 2 working fine offline but not online

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Variable, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Variable

Variable Registered

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I did search the forums and found a bunch of different results that did not really match what is happening for me so here goes:

I can play rFactor 2 offline no problems, graphics maxed out 15 AI on the track, however when I join our leagues servers I get disconnected after about 3 laps from one and get a synchronizing message which essential becomes a disconnect on another.

I have tried turning down settings and the problem still occurs it seems to only be happening to me (in our league anyway).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

Variable.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Sounds like a connection issue?
    What is your ping on those servers? and are you able to find servers with better ping and if so same problem or not?

A server constantly send packages of info to update you and others, when this is not going well it will keep trying (increased lag usually) until it gives up and assumes a driver is not actually on the server and boots.

It will be mainly your connection vs the servers connection which can be a problem (and sometimes all connections combined making it even more difficult) but you can indeed try to reduce settings, a cpu/gpu working too hard can also effect the connection.
    So what did you reduce?
    I'd say go for texture detail, shadows, visible vehicles and anything dynamic like rain. (reduce them quite a bit for testing and when its working increase stuff that don't seem to effect things too much)
    Also double check nothing is running in the background of your pc, no downloads, nothing updating, maybe even your AV turned off.

Open launcher, go to advanced and tick 'close this application' ('auto close launcher' in this build)

But as said, its mainly the connections, if yours and the servers don't agree, not much you can do about that.
    A server reboot before an event might also help.
    Others experiencing lag btw when you join?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  3. Variable

Variable Registered

Thanks for the response Denstjiro,

It turns out it was a pretty obscure reason, it was another mod that I had installed.
    I have no idea why it was causing it but I was clued on to it by another post I had seen somewhere else.

As soon as I removed the mod all was fixed, running RF2 max settings online and off with not a problem in the world.

Again thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,

Variable