rFactor 2 won't start anymore on 2 PC's with different accounts!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lloydvdw, Sep 12, 2013.

1. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Hi Everyone,

My brother and I have got BIG problems with rFactor2.
    Here's the deal,

My brother Dylan was playing rFactor2 online last night, he stopped playing to grab something to eat, and the next thing he knew, the 3 buttons in the launcher were grey (Single Player, Multi Player & Developper). He has a lifetime membership like myself.

This is the screen he gets when he log's on, a blank "Account Status" screen appears.. :
    Login Dylan

So he tried to reactive his account but this comes up: "Error license not found"
    Reactive Dylan

Now, the next thing I tried it to log on with my rFactor account (which was still working) on this computer, everything is still grey, except for the green button above the Online Racer grey screen, which says connected, nonetheless, can't start up the game.
    Login Lloyd

Now for some reason, Dylan's game keeps automatically logging in my account (Lloyd) even with reinstalling the game completely and removing the original rFactor2 folder, with userdate etc in, from my documents. => All is still grey and he still keeps logging in Lloyd instead of Dylan. Where the hell is this information saved, do I have to completely format my PC to have a clean install or what??

Now, stupid I was, rFactor2 was still working on my PC, and my account seemed to works flawlessly. So, I tried loggin in with Dylan's account, and the second I did that, everything turned Grey... And now, no matter what I do everything is grey on my PC too.. Even though I (Lloyd) am logged in and not Dylan!
    Login Lloyd

And my account is activated!
    Lloyd Activate

So, what I did is send a mail to rFactor2 renewals@rfactor.net, and asking to reactive Dylan's account, I seriously hope all these problems will just dissappear.

I really enjoyed rFactor2 so far, when it works, but ever since I purchased it, it's been nothing but problems...

Has anyone had a similar experience, if so what should do?
    Because apparently we now have 2 broken/payed for/unfixable rFactor2 games/accounts without doing anything wrong..

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah you did, unless PCs are clones Licence activation are tied to hardware IDs

4. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

thanks, i hope they reply soon! i'm supposed race online with friends to night, we've been planning this for over a week :(

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I can use my rF2 on 2 different hard drives okay.

If you have different motherboard and Processor first you should have backed up then deleted the .rFactor2 folder in user /appdata/local/roaming then booted and re-activate

Problem is it uses 1 of your activations.

ISI will get back promptly I am sure.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

You grey`d out D or one of the lucky ones?

7. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

greyed out :(

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Nah mine is fine mate.