rFactor 2 WIP - Sun glare

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

I concur x3 :)

2. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

Nice Picture for our teaser on our website and it looks promising - thanks Tim

3. THUNDERbreaks

THUNDERbreaks Registered

I third that. Not sure about the gloves light/shadow contrast but a part of that... truly AWESOME looking!!
    About the gloves texture, the Skeleton glooves are cool, but you can add even some more normal stuff, something similar to the actual racing gears: something like this , this or this, even with fictionals logos. Or, you can use your own, the "ISI grip" racing glooves :D

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

What happens when that mirror isn't there? And how does it transition. THAT is the question.

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Despite the mirror thing, the lightining effects shown in this picture are superb. It's closer to up-to-date graphics that I've been seeing lately. The high-detailed 3D stuff in pitlane are really impressive.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Hehe. Sun glare effect was present in GTR2 already. Really up-to-date ;)
    Additionally I'm not sure the glare effect should be clipped by car livery.

7. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

It doesn't look like the sun is directly visible. It seems like it's either behind the grandstand or the rear view mirror. Otherwise the direct sunlight into the eyes would affect vision of everything, I suppose. So...
    +1

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I have a good one..

Around 5 minutes in he starts driving with the sun in front of him. As the sun hits the dashboard the light reflecting off of it lights up the interior like the ceiling. Any of that?

Ironically.. This also comes in my sub box. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w80I-JYxvI&feature=related&hd=1

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
  9. Hofstee

Hofstee Registered

Right now it looks like it's just a more brightly lit spot, wheras in the video ZeosPantera posted you can see a nearly blinding spot on the windscreen that seems to be missing on the screenshot.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You guys are freaking hilarious. You cry and cry to see screenies then when you do you bitch that it's not up to YOUR standards. rF2 obviously doesn't have dirt3 or shift2 graphics. Get over it! Not to mention when you guys try to prove that you're the experts you think you are show graphics from another game that gets it right, not real life. Maybe some of these things you guys expect can't be done. Ever think of that?

11. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

If done in other production means it can be done
    If some programmers say that it is even easier to get rl-looking effect - means it can be done.

CdnRacer, you are boring.

12. yifter

yifter Registered

I'm eager to see some of your references, work youv'e done in that perspective.
    Show me something that proves, you are better than the current guys at ISI, so they should hire you :cool:

13. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

No.. ISI will no hire anybody. Check work of KSzczech - he is reporting things to ISI and got no response from them at all.

In future, please read carefully what other write. I didn't say I'm better. I'm referring to other products or other pros words. And to me, it means that things can be done.

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I wasn't talking about the lens-flare feature, but the generall aspect of the picture. The welcomed Codemasters titles are not too far from the screenshot shown.

All in all the GTR2's sunglare is really bad.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

The "programmers" who you're referring probably have dozens of published titles, right? I'd love to get know at least one, I would buy all of them gladly. If something was "easy", surely there would be hundreds of good looking racing simulators everywhere. Sorry, but there're not. And it's not "easy "to create light effects as we can see through the our human eyes, at all.

16. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yeah.. and because you are saying it is not easy or cannot be done - means you are right.

Check TM2, F1 2010/2011, CARS. All they are looking more real then rF2 on WIP materials. That's why I was said: It can be done.

Under one condition: a programmer does understand how light works IRL. Most of them don't, trying to use trick over trick.
    Want an example? OK, check all sims and answer why all braking zones are deep black colored. Then go onto racing circuit or even on a street and check how it looks looking from various directions. Curious is, there is no one sim provides correct representation of this effect (excepting of rF1 with custom shaders by KSzczech). Even new titles got wrong approach to this, trying to reflect sun/sky against single skids - which is of course misunderstanding of the effect.

I hate fanboism doesn't matter to what subject is related. iR or rF - doesn't matter. I'm happy waiting for better rfactor, but I cannot agree with hype reaction on every thing added to the title if it is made wrong or give outdated result yet before release.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
  17. Domi

Domi Registered

Thanks god we won't have dirt3&shift2 graphics, they are un-photorealistic as hell.

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This.

19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

lol. I'm curious what does photo-realistic mean to you. Especially comparing to rF.
    Indeed, thera are plenty overdone post-processing effects in-game. But you may find those also in some movies. So... this graphics is photo-realistic. Or at least closest to how things look in RL than rF/rF2 can do.

Since Shift2 has unrealistic graphics, I would like to see such one in rF2, at least with such "unrealistic" quality. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011
  20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered