rFactor 2 WIP HDR comparison screenshots

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 23, 2011.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please be nicer. :) I'm capable of defending myself when I feel I need to be.

2. shum94

shum94 Registered

http://rfactor.net/web/2010/09/13/tim-wheatley-joins-isi/

Maybe you can define or try to explain to a moron what is marketing...

3. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Look, look, look. Some nice wallpaper above :)

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Which will annoy community again.
    Unfortunately I'm sure everything is going to release alpha product as called beta to take another year of time for developing. As you said, without replays, without proper postprocessing. Wouldn't surprised if it will be useless for serious league racing due to some serious issues.
    After years of waiting, a few release promises, "almost done" statements, we got such partial product, and Tim will say: "I didn't say that final version will be released on Christmas, I said you will be happy with rF2 for Christmas."
    Sometimes I have a feeling that we are regarded to be retarded. I would like to be wrong.

5. isamu

isamu Registered

Just curious...but is there some sort of inside joke going on here, where the mods and admins are continuing to allow this obvious troll/joke character to post here and insult people without any reprimandation?

6. 88mphTim

The very next post was a reply from me to him.

The forum comes with features which allow you to block anybody you want to. If someone is consistently doing something you dislike I would recommend taking advantage of those features.

7. FakeThinkpad

FakeThinkpad Registered

Tim, while on the topic of the Forum in general (I know, there is a better suited place for this) would it be possible do mark the Admins posts with another color, either a light tinted color on the background or a different color on the headers like WMD has, it is avalible as a quick option for this if you are a Forum admin, WMD uses the same platform and it really helps when you are looking for information or posts done by any Admins.

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Isamu - I use to say that with every post, people are working on their own reputation.

So there's a paradox here - deleting posts that have any sign of insulting tone only helps rude people to maintain good, undeserved reputation :) Of course there are limits - insulting someone directly for example.

I personally report such posts (as I reported that particular CdnRacer's post), but don't really demand any immediate action to be taken. If someone gets reported often then it will attract attention of moderator and decision to take action will be up to him.

Anyway, we're getting way off topic on WIP HDR screenshots here ;)

9. 88mphTim

there's a little ISI logo on every thread and post we've posted in.

10. 88mphTim

Yep. You have to be self policing in a way. The forum isn't something we'll ever have the staff to read every post in. We'll be busy in the support forums eventually and if you guys are discussing something we don't need to read, we're not going to see it.

You need to report those posts and if someone consistently annoys you just block them. It's an easy option in your user cp: http://isiforums.net/f/profile.php?do=ignorelist I do want this to be a place where people can be who they are. There's always a limit, but I also would like people to develop a thicker skin if possible, try to not take things so personal maybe as often that's what the poster might want.

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Well said.

Even more often it's the opposite case - poster had no bad intentions but due to difference in opinions his post is percieved by the other side as aggressive, while all it does in fact is presenting an apposite point of view.

Developing some maturity, "thicker skin" or whatever you may call it is essential on forums, since we don't see other guy's face nor hear the tone of his voice as it really is, but as it is in our imagination.

12. 88mphTim

Yeah you're right there. I'm sure sometimes I come across badly. Text is horrible method of communication... I try hard to add smileys, etc, but they still often don't help to put across my frame of mind as sometimes people don't notice them.

I actually used to get annoyed a lot on forums, it used to really affect me. But, as you've probably seen, you really can just brush this stuff off when you get used to it. :)

13. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

Ello ello', new forum header image!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  14. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Good eye, Carbonfibre!

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

One-and-a-half new screens! :D

16. 88mphTim

It was noticed before. ;)

17. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Maybe, but not from me :) Anyway this image and "sun glare" image looks very good. The way how cars looks, is just fantastic. Very artistic atmosphere. Who dare now to say that ISI team can't produce decent graphics? :) Spectacular artistic work where just a picture wake up right feelings and desire to race. I now only hope for good "mechanical", no laggy feeling when we drive the car and we can start the engine. Beta engine :)

18. 88mphTim

Really!? I thought that's what you meant by what I quoted. :)

19. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Ooo look again. Some nice header picture. Spa with old F1 car. So we will see new preview video with that combinations sun? Fun is, this header pictures lately is better(nicer) than any others official wip's in "full" resolutions.