Rfactor 2 will not launch from Steam app

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rer8sat, Oct 10, 2021.

?

Are you able to launch and run fFactor 2?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. rer8sat

rer8sat Registered

I have spent more than three weeks attempting to get this game to run. Steam has been no help, and I wonder if anyone at '397 even knows that there is a problem. I have been using this product for more that two decades, yes, a long time and would very much like to think that customer loyalty means something. See if you can't get someone at Steam to resolve this aggravating fault. Seriously, I am looking forward to R factor 3. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    Respectfully yours, Randy

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't understand why you're creating a poll instead of seeking help to get the game running. Yes, the game works, but obviously yours isn't. Getting a poll of how many people have it running (most) won't help you at all.

The 'easiest' clean solution would be to rename your UserData folder to something else, so the game creates a new one. Unfortunately that will then download stuff thanks to the new startup wizard, so then you have to quit the game immediately and change "First Run:" to false in your new player.JSON. Painful, but that's where we are.

The other thing you could try if this is a new issue is reinstalling the runtimes in the Support\Runtimes folder (that means, double clicking on each file in there, and Install or Repair, for each one - all 4 of them). Sometimes windows loses those runtimes so that can be necessary.

rF3 isn't any sort of solution. People need to drop that idea, it doesn't make any sense from where we are.