rFactor 2 will be in Spanish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chavinoRR, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jux

Jux Registered

Yo. Sorry everybody. I see all the carloses and santiaagos are pissed off ... chillax bros. Of course it is great to have a game in language you know best.

What I meant was that it bothers me, when people in international server/community ignore a simple, unwritten rule of ethics, that people speak English there. They are usually kids, so what can yo do, but these are the people who make the online experience suck in public servers. One time we had to start over 5 times, because first lap was a warmup lap - few didn't figure that out, even though we constantly told them in the chat. Clearly I am not talking about you, devoted simracers here, but the larger half of folks.

Yes, Spanish is second most popular language in the world, fist is Mandarin (Chinese). English is third, but still English is the international language (language mostly studied as foreign language). English is also the language of modern science. So it would be great to remember that.

2. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Given how you have replied with the post above which is at least respectful, I find it strange that your initial post was pathetically immature. Being able to read/write in another language is difficult at the best of times and not everyone has the education available to them (or the 'skill') to learn another language. Your attitude sounds like someone who has never set foot in another country and so doesn't understand the difficulties of trying to 'live' in a different culture.

English is now the international language but go back half a century and it was French which was the diplomatic language, and that had been the case for well over 2 centuries. Count yourself lucky that your native tongue is currently the 'international language'. But it won't stay like that forever.

PS, an unwritten rule is not a rule.

3. Domi

Domi Registered

Big +1.

4. chavinoRR

chavinoRR Registered

+ 1000

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Do you think making promises in different languages have the same meaning? ;)

6. ROON

ROON Registered

Very well said, good sir. +1

7. Slothman

Slothman Registered

No but I can understand how different languages misinterpret what is considered a promise :p

Sorry champ...couldnt resist that one...ya gotta admit...its pretty funny :)

And by the way...just having a laugh so dont try to justify your comment :cool:

8. Jux

Jux Registered

My native language is spoken by 1.2 mil. people and it is not from Germanic language family. Nowadays kids, who grow up with internet and pc games use English daily - it shouldn't be that hard. To avoid English in Internet is quite a skill.

English will be the language of elites unless power drastically shifts from western world to east. Western world surely lose it's domination over resources when larger part of china started using electricity (lol), but I hope there will be balance.
    Future of civilizations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cF4p_pMfcs

9. Meisterwerke

Meisterwerke Registered

Imagination, speculation, fiction, rumor, opinion... is right to expose your review but, you need respect for others I do not mean this post, but previous.

Here we speak of RF2, not star trek or star wars ;).

10. McToth

McToth Registered

I respect all languages, but this thread is only for rfactor discussion, and we write only in english... any problem?

If there are any problem, please close this thread

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.