rFactor 2 Track Progress

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Michael Juliano, Oct 5, 2010.

1. O11

O11 Registered

Well, I guess ISI has no choice then. :D

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I never understood the big thrill of Le Mans. I'd prefer a classic North American track anyday like Watkins, Road America, Mosport, Road Atlanta or Infineon.

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Hum, let’s see. Maybe the thrill is because a part of the rest of the world could have different preferences than you by accident… just guessing.

4. shum94

shum94 Registered

Maybe it's because it's a temporary track who goes on real road, maybe it's because it's 13.6 km long and the average kmh on the best lap is 246,463 km/h and overall race in 2011 is 201,596 km/h, maybe it's because of the 250 K people & what goes with that (attraction park & camping). Maybe it's because it's a 24 hours race with multi class cars.

Nordschleife, Le Mans and Bathurst are apart from the rest.

5. Sam Binfield

Sam Binfield Registered

Maybe he's entitled to his own opinion. The fact that it is not the same as your opinion does not make him incorrect. I personally dislike NASCAR but I'm not going to going slamming anyone about it. My own opinion on this vote is that we should try for a track that has not been released in some form before. There have been versions of Le Mans which will probably get converted over fairly soon after release, perhaps something rarer may be a good choice IMO.

6. shum94

shum94 Registered

An actual Le Mans track is not available my friend.

I'm not a big fan of going circles but i wouldnt state in a conversation about talladega or indianapolis that i dont understand the thrill of it. I have very much respect for it despite not being a fan of the discipline.

For me you dont like Le Mans, you dont like racing, end of story.

I shouldnt have responded to cdnracer, in fact he's on my ignore list.
    It's just that quotes arent not getting include in ignore list and i couldnt shut my mouth on this subject.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

keep digging that hole Shum! Lots of people I know have no interest in Le Mans or the 24hour but they love car racing...go figure!
    Personally I'd like to see a decent version of Hidden Valley (Australia) made.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well since shum has his fingers in his ears like a two year old I'll respond to you.

We're all allowed our own opinion and to be honest sometimes this european elitest attitude gets old. There is a motorsports interest outside of Italy and France you know. :p

9. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Le Mans is overrated bigtime. Give us Rouen Les Essarts instead...

10. DeDios

DeDios Registered

Personally i think Le Mans (Circuit de la Sarthe) is one of the most beautiful and emotional track ever built; is the european speed temple imho.
    That track is full of history, memories of past events....that's it. Is a sort of museum, and still alive. For me is really important, like the Nordschleife or TT of Man or Monza.
    Actually we don't have a good modern le mans version for rF (YETIsaj is workin' on a really good one version from scratch, still in WIP) and..i hope to finally see the "definitive" version for rF2.

11. doug484

doug484 Registered

It's like asking someone what their favorite color is. I like all racetracks, and I like them all for different reasons. I like ovals because of the close racing and I like road/street courses because of the wide variety of turns.

I raced on Le Mans in Forza 3. I enjoy that long backstraight when you're in a car with some horsepower.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The modern layouts of Le Mans are fun but the older layouts are boring to me. I enjoy more technical circuits personally. The modern Le Mans layouts are more technical. I race in an endurance league and used to hate Le Mans but that was because I hadn't run the modern layouts. It is also good for mixed class racing with large fields. But it still doesn't make my top ten list. If you want a French track, go for Rouen Les Essarts, circuit de Charade or Nevers Magny-Cours. Those are way more fun IMO. There are tons of really fun NA tracks too. Mosport, Road Atlanta, even Mont Tremblant. Guys, don't be a lemmings... expand your horizons and explore more tracks and not just stick to the same old rotation, Spa, Monaco, Le Mans, Laguna, Nurburgring, ect ect. Those are good tracks too, but man people abuse the crap out of those tracks. I ran a league for 2 years and put a ton of effort into not repeating tracks. The guys complained about always having to learn another track but at the end of the week they were all in love with yet another track they would have otherwise never run. I even pissed them off a few times for running a fantasy tracks but even those were loved by then end of the week.

13. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

i wish the last 2 pages could of been in some sort of "track wishlist" thread...sux to have to keep reading this off topic carp...if only Tim would moderate this place but alas he hasnt been here for a week

14. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Thanks giving ... Black friday.... And maybe too much work on Closed Beta for moderate....
    Hmm sounds good to me... But we don't know !!!

PS: I live in Rouen !!! so...:p

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well there is always race department or no grip. I heard those forums are plenty moderated over there. :p

Actually RD isn't bad. No grip are definately forum nazi's

16. DeDios

DeDios Registered

so..where's the problem? is an OT, and for me is not a crap at all, we're just talking about our favourite tracks. Personally i prefer to read "good" OTs instead of this kind of posts.

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Simple mate...its called forum etiquette

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The forum police are here!!! Maybe Jim Beam is a moderator at no grip. :p

19. DeDios

DeDios Registered

lol

20. Alicatt

Alicatt Registered

I too would like Le Mans after being there with Audi in 2005