rFactor 2 | The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Desesseints

Desesseints Registered

If only this game could have half community AC has or rF1 had...

This game has great modders: ChiefWiggum, Global Endurance Modding, Diggas's circuits... But look Workshop this week, nothing new.

I think it's a bit sad, for example, that recent Mandalika circuit which MotoGP ran last week has a rF1 version instead an rF2 version. And it's incredible the amount of different cars (competition cars, road cars, old cars. Ones better modded than others) that AC has. Imagine thar with rF2 physics.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    memoNo1 likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Biggest issue is that many simracers needs new thing everytime. Kids load themselves up by crap and never experience anything, they don't get to understand how absolute crap lots of their daily new intake of content is, as well as they don't understand how great some particularly well crafted items are, especially when the beauty is deeper than visual. As for rF2 modding, it is just complicated and it is complicated BEFORE the fact that indeed there is a lot more depth and complexity about rF2 which is the reason why it is better than others. So even if rF2 devs would do some genius streamlining for ordinary mortal like me to keep introducing reasonable state content without killing myself, it would still be more challenging than others simply because rF2 is MORE. But all that extra is not necessary if you are about to become mods collector, and "every day new mods" driver.

Emery, pkelly, Havner and 2 others like this.
  3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

T
    you could have mentioned Apex Modding and Senor Alonso a contributor on this exact Forum as well

I can not tell 100% but maybe the ease of modding being such in AC is. not the same with RF2?

so it’s not only the lower users base attracting less moders being the problem?

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have a bad feeling, I'm now pretty sure there will be Formula E tracks released for quarter release, not sexy at all like Monza, Spa or Nordschleife....

TrigMan59 likes this.
  5. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

These will certainly not be big announcements.
    Rather small snacks for in between.
    There will certainly be very interesting publications.

6. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Formula E track themselves looks awesome imo. but yea i would prefer non FE tracks like macau or suzuka etc.

7. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger Registered

You have seen AC's Content manager update with SOL 2.2.5 update + the shader update within content manager? After this update I purchased cars from "Sim Race Studio" and ASR also has a few cool Formula 1 rides. I was surprised how fast it is on the track and how nice the cars stick to the track and cool it is for an older sim.
    AMS 2 pissed me off big time when they failed to deliver as advertised the IR18 Indy. And their cars slide all over the track and are slower no matter how I try to set it up. There are some game settings that help with this but I also have a problem using my TrackIR v5 as in AMS2 I can only use it in the cockpit flash hood mode and it has super minimal movement at that.
    Any other sim my Head tracker is awesome. AMS2 has pretty eye candy but 1. They didn't deliver a product I really wanted mainly. 2. Pretty cool variety of vintage cars but action is slow on track compared to iracing, rFacter 2 and AC it seems. When I try to jam in AMS 2 the car breaks loose too easily. + I love the way my TrackIR v5 works in any other sim. I guess AMS 2 would be cool with full VR I would think.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

wow
    For a GPL lover this is fantastic
    Do you confirm very low grip and a lot of sliding with vintage cars?

If yes, i have to try ams2 :)

9. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger Registered

Yup Yup....thee ole "Slip & Slide"
    But what I didn't like most was the fact that my TrackIR v5 could only be used on flash hood cockpit mode with no movement compared to allmy other sims where I can really peak around the halo. For what ever class rides suit you fancy, you might like this.

Mauro likes this.