rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Thanks for the point in the right directiion:D

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

My rF1 plugin works with the latest Motec versions. The old DAQ plugin (by DanZ) only works with the old versions (I think someone had a prog to patch the log files or something, but apparently that stopped working at 1.03 or so) - I capture logs with rF and rF2 (with the rF1 and rF2 plugins) and open them with Motec without any problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  3. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I just downloaded DAQ from rfactor central, I assumed it is the latest version. So how do you run both on the latest version of MoTec? Definitely didn't work for me.

4. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

From reading this thread it appears Lazza has a plug in for rfactor1?
    I just used the older version motec.
    You dont need all the bells and whistles. They are irrelevant IMO. I only use tyre temps, engine temps, fuel level, brakes, ride height and suspension histograms.
    Here is my rfactor 1 project. http://www.mediafire.com/?nwtmzhjjzoa

5. Fergy

Fergy Registered

thanks doc, was wondering if not have that latest version meant missing out on something. I will have a look at your project asap.

6. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I'm having problem installing both versions on the same hard drive. Even if I install MoTec into another folder with a different name the next installation detects it on over writes it. How are you doing it?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

8. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Great work Lazza:)
    question? In rf2 the lap files are saved to the root directory LOG folder. With this update I see in rf1's root directory/UserData/LOG folder HAT, MoTec and Results folders there. It's creating two lots of lap files, one sitting in Log folder and the other in MoTec folder.
    Any ideas?

Thanks again.

9. Dan_Black

Dan_Black Registered

Is this caused by rFactor programming or is this caused by the plug-in programming? The rear tire temp variables are named differently than the front tire temp variables. Front tire temp variables are spelled the same way iRacing names them and the same way my motec workbook was already programmed: "Tyre Temp XX Centre". The rear tire temp variables are spelled "Tyre Temp XX Center". This causes workbook incompatibility. Please let me know who to contact to fix this.

[​IMG]

Thank you for the great program.

10. Fergy

Fergy Registered

I have noticed this but how I use MoTec it causes me no problems. I would say pm Lazza, he seems to know how this all ticks.

11. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

You can map channels to specific channels (e.g., Tyre Temp RR Centre = Tyre Temp RR Center), which is probably the quickest fix for this kind of problem if you already have your MoTeC project setup to read certain parameter names.

12. dv8r

dv8r Registered

top stuff lazza. An essential tool for any mod developer.

Any chance of some engine wear data channels. ( Similar to rFdynhud )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
  13. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

hi, Lazza.
    thats nice plugin.

well. I am mod develpoer too.
    what sound API did you use for motec plugin? can I ask you?

I tried to use PlaySound() for my plugin, but it is not working. may be rfactor2.exe occupied sound device.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Either plugin (rF1 or rF2) only creates one file per log session, so if you're getting more than one file per log it would have to be from more than one plugin :)

I don't really follow what you're saying with the folders, sorry. Maybe a bit of rF1/2 confusion as well.

As PLAYLIFE has said, channel names are just that - names. You can always see what logged channels are called on the right, so either adjust the project to suit them or use the aliases to remap them so they work.

As for why I went that way (deja vu here... I might have explained this elsewhere) an early Motec sample log file had them named that way (Center and Centre) - so, as with the basic channel frequencies and other names, I just followed suit. Bit of a pain for existing channels but for the latest Motec I started a fresh project with (might have been 1.10) the default ones worked with the plugin's names. (i.e. the default fresh project also had Center and Centre)

The rF1 plugin does this, but it reads some values directly. I don't believe this is possible or feasible in rF2 at this stage, and last time I looked you couldn't get access to the vehicle files in rF2 (that was a good couple of months ago, mind you) so getting the required values would be a problem.

Nope, just using PlaySound(). As in

PlaySound(<path>, NULL, SND_ASYNC);

rF1 and rF2 do their sound separately to the base windows one; you can only play a single sound and playing a second one will interrupt it, and for all I know that is a windows-wide thing (so another app using PlaySound() would also interrupt my plugin sound, and vice-versa). Not sure on that.

If it isn't working it might not be set up right; it's been a while since I did it so I can't remember what was required, but if I worked it out it can't be too hard ;)

15. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

thanks. Lazza.:D
    I appreciate that.

hmmm I will try it again.

16. Navy2k

Navy2k Registered

Hi,

thanks for your effort to bring us MoTeC.

It works all properly except from Damper Velocity. I do not have any Channel to choose, no damper or suspension velocity at all.
    What could be the cause?

Thanks in advance,
    Ben

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Suspension velocity is derived from suspension position.

18. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

Hi Guys,
    Revan posted on page 4-
    "I have the MotecPlugin.dll in "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Plugins" with the MotecPlugin directory. When i start the game to the menu and quit there is no MotecPlugin.ini anywhere on my computer, uac is "off".
    I tried to put the plugins-directory in "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core" as suggested in the readme-file but no change. What do i wrong?"

Id like to mention that I have this same problem, UAC is now off as it was on before. The installation notes mention my plugin to be near the "NetCommUtilPlugin.dll", I dont see this plugin in the folder!

Where should I be looking as the UAC directory- "C:\Users\"YourLoginName"\AppData\Local\VirtualStor e\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2" does not show my \MotecPlugin.ini either!

Thanks in advance...

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I haven't installed rF2 since build 69, but I'm assuming NetCommUtilPlugin.dll is still in there. It should be in the Plugins folder in the rF2 'core' folder (when you install you select a core folder and a data folder location). So that's where the plugin should go.

If you find the netcomm file, and put the motec plugin in there, and it still doesn't produce an .ini, it may just not be running (that sounds more like Revan's issue). I haven't updated this plugin since revised example code was released that could affect compatibility with other plugins, and I probably need to reorganise the code and its build options as well, I'll try to get back to this soon.

20. Steven Karlsson

Steven Karlsson Registered

Lazza, since the diffusor gets it's ride height values from Undertray 00-03 it would be marvellous if one could get those logged one in each channel.