rFactor 2 Telemetry Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Lazza, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Joe Ethier

Joe Ethier Registered

Hi there,

Is there any news foe the "live timing" version? That we could have the data live from the car!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I will be doing a 'per lap' option, eventually, but not more live than that, and it will be the DAMPlugin, not this one.

3. Joe Ethier

Joe Ethier Registered

Cool when? And could we have the data from another pc like if i'm engineering a driver ?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"eventually" ... can't be more specific than that.

You can tell the plugin where to save the logs, and you can tell i2pro where to open log files from (even giving it a folder to monitor and open new logs automatically), so I'm sure something can be worked out for 'remote' analysis. I don't think it's something I'd look to implement myself.

5. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

I'm having some problems with the plugin...

I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and I think that may be something to do with it. Worked fine in 7, and looking through my Documents/rFactor 2 folder I see that everything with the Motec plugin is where it's supposed to be, still. Have you heard of anyone having problems in 10? The plugin starts correctly (I hear the upward beeps/see the red plugin icon in the top corner), and I can start logging (only when stopped) but if I'm in motion or I begin moving, I get the error tone and nothing gets logged.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Update your logging folder in the .ini. Chances are it's trying to create the file somewhere it can't write to.

7. Voodoo Pizzaman

Voodoo Pizzaman Registered

Fixed! Thanks for your help.

8. lotusmania

lotusmania Registered

I can't extract any data from the tires, anyone know why? Other datas are available.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Which tyre data? Did you turn on the tyre channel groups? Have you tried other cars?

*Oops, confused myself with my own plugins... yeah, this one should have most basic tyre data available all the time. Check the logged channels on in the values list (on the right in some telemetry pages in i2Pro) and see if values show up there; you may just need to configure your graphs to use the correct channel names.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
  10. Gerhard Gruber

Gerhard Gruber Registered

Is it possible the plugin on Motec i2 Pro v.1.1 Update ??????

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The DAMPlugin works with the new i2Pro versions.

12. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Confirmed - I formatted a few weeks ago, installed this plugin and downloaded the latest i2 Pro version, no issues so far(except that I like the old i2 Pro's interface better, but this is nothing to do with the plugin).

13. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Hi Lazza,
    I would like to attempt to use Motec and your plugin. I am relatively new to this all. Is there any guide that details how to install everything from scratch. That being the correct motec version and your Plugin and how they work in tandem?
    Thanks,
    MM

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well first I'd say get the DAMPlugin, not this one, then you can grab the latest i2Pro and it'll work. When you've installed the plugin and i2Pro it should be pretty straightforward to work out.

i.e. no, I don't have a guide :p

15. TinoM

TinoM Registered

Thanks man...you are forgiven for no guide;)
    Cheers!

16. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

mmmm I missed something... What is DAMPlugin Lazza?

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The new version of this plugin, with more options and more features to come (eventually). This telemetry plugin won't be updated anymore.

Check it out here.

18. JCV00010

JCV00010 Registered

Hi all,

I'm quite new in the field of rfactor 2 and motec.

I am actually "not interested" in racing myself ( since I'm soooo bad) but in doing setups and that sort of stuff. For this I need to get motec working.

Some question:

-Which is the latest version of Lazza's plugin? I have been reading and testing. In fact I tried the DAMPluing v0.75 but once the data is loaded in motec, only weird values appear, such as Speed=above 400km/h, temperatures above 1000Deg. In the .ini file I set different values (2,3 even 4) but it is not the problem.

- Now I have the 28Jun2014. This works a bit better so far, but data such as oil or Water T are kept constant the whole time. Info from tyres is above 1000Deg too.

- Steering angle is in %. Ths value is not fix for all the cars, since each one may have a certain %. I guess it is a % of the whole % (360 deg)

Thank you!

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It sounds like something isn't configured correctly in your i2Pro. I'm not aware of any issues like that in either the latest version of this telemetry plugin, or the DAMPlugin. I use the DAMPlugin myself during league races (and practice, obviously).

Try creating a new project and load a log in.

20. JCV00010

JCV00010 Registered

Thanks for your response Lazza.

I just changed the Motec version since I got some issues with the accuracy of the race time (motec-rfactor2) and seems to be working fine. Anyway, the data coming from tyres is weird (above 1000C or close to it) and aero is not available. I read somewhere you told to a guy that in case of using the AI (I am interested in setups mainly) this data may not be available. Is it right?

Some question if possible :)

The Steering angle is in %. % of what? 360? Does it depend on my mod?
    When downshifting or upshifting I see there is a period of 3-5m where the car is 0 gear. Dont know if this is normal when using the AI.

Sorry for my stupidity and thanks for the help!