rfactor 2 Still The King.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Mar 7, 2019.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

We would appreciate that this kind of important information is given clearly also on the forum, most people do not use Discord.

I go every day on the forum and I have not seen this information (same for roadmap).

A little tiring this way to communicate way social networks.

2. tpw

tpw Registered

Totally agree. IMO the official forum should be one of the primary points of 2-way communication with devs, not a place to hope that valuable information trickles down second hand from social media.

ECAR_Tracks, David Kolody and LokiD like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Perhaps because not many pays proper attention here.

Filip likes this.
  4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Where did you see this information on the forum from s397?

"and AI *may/will* come further down the line."

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

:rolleyes: Please understand that S397 are busy in other areas and accept that AI is not priority right now, have some patience please.

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Yes!

I criticize their way of communicating only.

The roadmaps are totally empty.

The forum is almost not used to inform.

When we take time (a lot) to bring things in the "Wish list" section or even any topic, they do not even make a small comment (for example: "thank you, let's think about it" or "It's not an option."

I find it unnatural that all the real information is only broadcast on social networks, not on the roadmap or the official forum.

7. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I remember it was the same with AC forum. Info on Twitter (garbage site only good for companies) copied over by random members to the forum.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

See here:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/news-notifications.111/

9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Didn't say ams were better but at leat they fixed this glaring issue. Tracks with long straights are useless to race on with ai in rf2 as they do sweet fa on the draft May as well turn them off.
    Anyway done here.

Alex72 likes this.
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I've had it from Chris that once they start working on AI they'll let us know.

DrivingFast likes this.
  11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

12. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

What is the idea of discord ? , is it because it’s more publicity, I’ve been on it a few times but it’s more chitchat like people texting each other ,it’s informative when it comes to announcements —- but all other treads get lost very quickly .
    If I look for information / help / or any othe query I tend to view to official forum first first , maybe that’s a habit .

LokiD likes this.
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's a Chat System, where people chat about anything and everything. These chat systems were popular in the late 1990s and with Discord it's kinda come back, it's not for everyone which is fine but it's there if people want it.
    Many game devs use it, including other sim devs.

Edit: Forgot it's also a very good Voice Chat System as well which is handy for gamers

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I agree.

But many people I'm part of would like all the information circulating on rF2 to be present in priority or "also" on the roadmaps and the official forum.

We are not all 2.0 ;)

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Not that I use discord anymore thanks to pizza chat but I've actually had a few one to one's with Marcel on there. That's what I like about it.

16. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

The big advantage of discord is, that it is alot faster for people to communicate. The only advantage of forums these days in my book is to store information or checklists. If you need technical help then there is a channel for it on discord and it is usualy faster just to ping a dev than to wade through the forum. My modding team moved to discord a few years ago and now basicly everything is done over discord including communication with testers and it allmost completely replaced our public forum. Even our changelog is linked to discord wich makes it faster for testers and other devs to see what has been changed or to manage application processes. Now we can interact with our players directly, people can give direct notifactions if they want to play together and we even have a workshop channel where people can show their own creations similar to the modding channel on rF2 discord. Bugs or other technical feedback is tracked alot faster aswell. None of this has anything to do with moving with trends and being social media whores. People need to get their tin foil heads off and stop sharing their halfknowledge. You have the option to block information from certain channels, if you don't like pizza talk for example, wich hasn't anything to do with Discord either. If you don't know how to avoid information, that you don't like then no forum in the world will help you. If people expect a general/offtopic channel to be free of such stuff then they haven't understood how forums and discord work.

MarcG likes this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I just hope that forums will outlive everything.

Didn't use discord, nor have anythign against it as I don't know it. But I don't find anything uncomfortable about the forums like this.

Filip likes this.
  18. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Yep discord will be another 5 min wonder till something better comes along.
    Dont know how these kids remember all their passwords these days

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Without AI draft takeover you lose that aspect where you drive really good but can still be overtaken. Without AI draft usage they only overtake you when you make mistakes. It would add Another dimension to AI racing for sure and make it more fun and real. That said, when i got into rF2 i LOVED the AI, and i still love it even though i would of course want them to overtake via draft. Hopefully S397 looks at that when they are done with what they're doing right now.

20. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I barely remember my own for the phone, mail, Windows and 3 work passwords. :D But Discord logs you straight in. At least mine do. Maybe its if you download it instead of using the browser version.

For you who dont know it its like Teamspeak but with way way more functions and a realtime chat you can pop images/GIF's in etc etc etc. Oh, it also sends you email when someone posts something if you have the program version.

LokiD likes this.